Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
(January 23, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
AtlasS Wrote:Now, the guy smelled something fishy. If you still think, that the universe doesn't point to god, then you have a problem. I wouldn't contradict Einstein if I were you.

Niether should you.

Quote:I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2

6. Albert Einstein: Idea of a Personal God Cannot be Taken Seriously
It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930

7. Albert Einstein: Desire for Guidance & Love Creates Belief in Gods
The desire for guidance, love, and support prompts men to form the social or moral conception of God. This is the God of Providence, who protects, disposes, rewards, and punishes; the God who, according to the limits of the believer's outlook, loves and cherishes the life of the tribe or of the human race, or even or life itself; the comforter in sorrow and unsatisfied longing; he who preserves the souls of the dead. This is the social or moral conception of God.

http://atheism.about.com/od/einsteingodr...al-God.htm

He didn't say that there is no god.
And yes, the idea of the personal god is a childlike believe.

I always thought that the idea most religious people have, about the support of god to humans (you know, light comes from the skies ...) is weird.

A) it ends the reason of "humans being in isolation from direct contact with god or angels"

B) It doesn't make any sense when it comes to the concept of the desperation ; where believers should stay in a state where no evidence is there to indicate if god wants to help them or not.

But I always thought it's the small things, a wind blow that makes you look right to see that old poor guy asking for money.

things like that.

But the rules of the universe would not break for one man, or in sometimes ; whole nations.

Quote:No, you're calling for a world of superstition and nonsense opposed to one of reason and advancement.

And you're calling a world of zombies who have no feelings.
I'm sure your fantasies look like those sick & cold future worlds like the ones in " minority report " or "aliens" !

Ewww !!

Quote:Given the early history of your religion, that's a painfully ironic accusation.

Given the recent & current history of the soviet union & north korea, that's a painfully ironic accusation.

Quote:Given the recent history of your religion, that is also a painfully ironic accusation.

Given stalin...

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ? - by WinterHold - January 23, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3303 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 6127 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah? ReptilianPeon 14 5363 January 14, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How humans are "slaves", and how that leads to the existence of God. WinterHold 65 7134 November 4, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer