Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I have an issue opening doors
#12
RE: I have an issue opening doors
(July 24, 2013 at 9:31 am)whateverist Wrote: My sense of door etiquette calls for me to hold the door open for the person coming directly behind me regardless of their sex.

When I worked for the Department, we had specific instructions about that. Whenever we came in through the front security door and someone was behind us, we had to close it in their face and make them open it themselves, even if we knew them. Ok it was a Government building but it still cut against my personal grain.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I have an issue opening doors - by ITChick - July 24, 2013 at 8:40 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Doubting Thomas - July 24, 2013 at 9:00 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Tonus - July 24, 2013 at 9:01 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by mostlysilent - July 24, 2013 at 9:07 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Minimalist - July 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 9:15 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 9:21 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Doubting Thomas - July 24, 2013 at 1:25 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by The Grand Nudger - July 24, 2013 at 9:26 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 9:28 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Whateverist - July 24, 2013 at 9:31 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 9:37 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by ITChick - July 24, 2013 at 9:45 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Whateverist - July 24, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 9:51 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by ITChick - July 24, 2013 at 10:01 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 9:40 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 9:51 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 9:55 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 10:05 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 10:10 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Jackalope - July 24, 2013 at 11:07 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 1:27 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 7:39 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Jackalope - July 24, 2013 at 9:53 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Rahul - July 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by LastPoet - July 24, 2013 at 1:02 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Faith No More - July 24, 2013 at 3:13 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by festive1 - July 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Annik - July 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Walking Void - July 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Zen Badger - July 26, 2013 at 7:05 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 26, 2013 at 7:07 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by ITChick - July 26, 2013 at 7:10 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by kılıç_mehmet - July 26, 2013 at 7:14 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by NoraBrimstone - July 27, 2013 at 11:45 am
RE: I have an issue opening doors - by Cyberman - July 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free speech issue, again.... Foundy 32 7902 December 24, 2017 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Free speech issue... ƵenKlassen 34 10267 December 4, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Opening up about being mentally ill Faith No More 98 26022 December 31, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  End of chapter, the opening of another. Lemonvariable72 29 9174 November 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Olympic Opening Ceremony, thoughts? Napoléon 29 13598 July 29, 2012 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Immigration, a humanity issue, not a label one. Jackie 4 2749 June 16, 2012 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Opening Hailing Frequencies CaptainPicard 37 17314 April 5, 2012 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Violet
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 17095 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)