Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get from "beginning of the universe" to christianity?
RE: How do you get from "beginning of the universe" to christianity?
(November 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm)max-greece Wrote: Thrown "ifs" in at random?

Once you are on the Yahweh path you have 3 main choices, correct?
If you select the second of those choices - Christianity, then you have a plethora of further choices.

No the whole order of God's will lead to Christianity, the Israelites were a step in the process, all other religions have no part in this plan except to be shown as false.

Quote:You stopped at the second choice - OK - it was in the OP - but from there - which group? Catholic? Greek Orthodox? Protestant? Jehovah's Witness? Mormon? Quaker?.......

The only thing mentioned was Christianity and what problems the different denominations brought in are man made not of God nor to His liking.

Quote:Each one of those delights in telling you that they are on the only true path and that only they will be going to heaven. Now its possible that they are all wrong in that, but, if they are, maybe the whole thing is wrong.

Some may most do not say they are the only way, Christ said He is the only way and any denomination or individual church that forgets this is in serious trouble.

Quote:The Jews and the Moslems will certainly say that they are all wrong. I'd guess Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs and all the rest would agree.

I'm sure they do, that doesn't mean they are right.

Quote:From where I sit the chance of you being right even if there is a theistic God is thousands to one against.

You must certainly be in the wrong seat.

Quote:Why can I never get hide tags to work properly?

Want be able to show you the hide tags will be hidden.

GC

(November 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm)Chad32 Wrote:
(November 22, 2013 at 3:21 pm)Godschild Wrote: Yahweh is the Trinity, thus Christ is part of Yahweh. Read my reply to 'maxy' it applies to you also.

GC

It's kind of confusing, because at times Jesus didn't act like he was Yahweh, or part of Yahweh.

How so, God said He could not change His nature?

Quote: What's the point of Satan tempting him if he isn't a separate being. Why say "Let not my will, but your will be done" and "My God, why have you forsaken me?" If he is part of Yahweh.

Jesus was a human with all the same weaknesses as us.
Those were responses to the God the Father.
We can't understand the Trinity to any depth, it is beyond human understanding and God as not revealed the depths of the Trinity, apparently we do not need to know the depths of the Trinity.

Quote:Not that that's even close to the only confusing thing about that mess of a holy book.

I do not know anyone who can completely understand all the scriptures have within them, if we did we would possibly be more on God's level. God does however reveal to people what they need to know and at times things they wish to know.

GC[/quote]
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you get from "beginning of the universe" to christianity? - by Godschild - November 23, 2013 at 1:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 2589 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4235 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 4053 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1858 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13699 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4390 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  Adult coloring books will get you possessed by demons!!!! drfuzzy 31 4750 March 1, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7231 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 780345 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  cannibalism and you (christianity) dyresand 58 16514 August 30, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire