Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannibalism and you (christianity)
cannibalism and you (christianity)
Cannibalism is fine in the confines of eating the bread and drinking the blood of your savior.

..........WHY ON EARTH DO YOU THINK EATING THE FLESH.. *ahem* flesh and drinking the blood of your savior is a good idea.
I mean we can know cannibalism is wrong even metaphorical cannibalism should be frowned upon as well.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: cannibalism and you (christianity)
Is it really metaphorical for those who believe in transubstantiation? I think not.
(August 27, 2015 at 1:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Is it really metaphorical for those who believe in transubstantiation?  I think not.

Nnnnope. It's literal. Fuck every high school chemistry textbook that will tell you that this is a ridiculous violation of the very basis of chemistry. It's totes the blood and flesh of a dead guy. It just has no properties of the blood and flesh of a dead guy. But other than that it's totally the same!

Banging Head On Desk
It's absolutely disgusting to pretend to eat human flesh. Either do it properly or not at all.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm)dyresand Wrote: Cannibalism is fine in the confines of eating the bread and drinking the blood of your savior.

..........WHY ON EARTH DO YOU THINK EATING THE FLESH.. *ahem* flesh and drinking the blood of your savior is a good idea.
I mean we can know cannibalism is wrong even metaphorical cannibalism should be frowned upon as well.

you got this from my post on 'why following jesus, doesn't work' didn't you?
I don't know if this is applicable to Christers, but I find a satisfaction I get from nothing else in knowing elements I have assimilated from Doyle are as yet still percolating in me, even though diluted by time they may be now, all these years later.

It's a comfort to experience to this day a sharing of ourselves from so long ago.

The big problem with the Christer version of it is how transubstantiation is 100% more unreal compared to Doyle's semen.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 27, 2015 at 1:40 pm)Celestine Wrote:
(August 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm)dyresand Wrote: Cannibalism is fine in the confines of eating the bread and drinking the blood of your savior.

you got this from my post on 'why following jesus, doesn't work' didn't you?

I haven't ready you post. It just came to me eating lunch.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I haven't had human flesh before, but I don't think that it tastes like bread and wine.

Transubstantiation = Fail!

[Image: 7836d322f944c7a21818272cc22170569cc0ec8f...c347ee.jpg]

NVM, some evidence for transubstantiation.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I'm hungry now.

Anyways, I've somewhere read this explanation, maybe even here: in Aristotelian philosophy, objects have their accidental properties, but also essential ones. So a chair (it's always a chair) has accidental properties such as color, material and so on - but it also has an essential chairness property which makes it a chair and which does not change if you change one of its other aspects. Now, transsubstantiation does obviously not change the accidental properties of the cracker such that it would look like a holy t-bone steak, nor with the wine. But it changes the essential nature of the cracker and the wine while leaving its unimportant accidental features unchanged. So: it has really become a piece of J-meat, but it doesn't look it to the naive observer who only sees the accidental features with their senses. The essential features can be glimpsed by faithy faith alone I suppose.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 27, 2015 at 1:56 pm)Alex K Wrote: I'm hungry now.

Anyways, I've somewhere read this explanation, maybe even here: in Aristotelian philosophy, objects have their accidental properties, but also essential ones. So a chair (it's always a chair) has accidental properties such as color, material and so on - but it also has an essential chairness property which makes it a chair and which does not change if you change one of its other aspects. Now, transsubstantiation does obviously not change the accidental properties of the cracker such that it would look like a holy t-bone steak, nor with the wine. But it changes the essential nature of the cracker and the wine while leaving its unimportant accidental features unchanged. So: it is really a piece of J-meat, but it doesn't look it to the naive observer who only sees the accidental features with their senses. The essential features can be glimpsed by faithy faith.

OK, that makes perfect sense.

No wait, it sounds like absolute bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 3895 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3792 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11145 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19319 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4482 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10274 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2790 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 38843 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6803 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2244 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4