Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
RE: Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
(February 5, 2014 at 12:23 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(February 5, 2014 at 1:12 am)là bạn điên Wrote: really? I constantly examine my own position. What Ideology do you think I have?

Well, considering that you started out this thread with the position that there isn't enough evidence to form a concrete opinion on what happened, and then proceed to spend the rest of the thread defending an opposing view... Thinking

Er ...no..

I am certainly not sure about what happened. There is not enough evidence to declare Zimmerman innocent. It is quite within the realms of possibility that When he saw that martin had not returned home that he deliberately provoked a confrontation, however it is just that ..a possibility and I think a very small one. IMHO it is definitely most likley that Martin did attack Zimmerman but its just a probability. Certainly no proof either way.

Unfortunately there are people certain of what happened and its based on their ideology. I am putting forward the opposing view to demonstrate that the opposing view is perfectly viable and that there is not the proof necessary for a conviction. the important issue for me is that people's viewpoint seems to be based on ideology.

I would be just as certain that extreme conservatives would be certain that martin had criminal intent from the start and was probably planning to burgle the area, something for which there is similarly no evidence. the fact that Martin had been suspended from school and may have handled stolen goods is also irrelevant.

However you quoted me on ideology then refused to actually address it.

What ideology do you think I have since I maintain it cannot be proven either way?

(February 5, 2014 at 12:08 pm)Isun Wrote: Actually based on Florida "Stand your ground" laws he wasn't guilty of murder or at least couldn't be proved to be. And yes "stand your ground" was a factor in the case whether it was used for the defense or not. The judge even stated that it needed to be taken into account. At least one of the jury quoted it as a reason that they couldn't convict Zimmerman

The issue is that "stand your ground" is nothing more than legalized discrimination and murder. It needs to be changed.

1) please link to the Judge's comments and the jury member's comment.

2) please tell us why stand your ground is 'legalized discrimination' since every citizen is entitled to use it. Why do you think someone has a duty to run away if threatened? Why does it need to be changed?
Some may call them junk, I call them treasures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof - by là bạn điên - February 5, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Conway Minimalist 0 253 November 22, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2137 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 740 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Zimmerman's Girlfriend Asks Judge To Drop Charges A Theist 6 2175 December 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5303 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty. TaraJo 431 147238 September 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution wolf39us 15 4078 July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Martin and Zimmerman - A reasoned logical discussion Puddleglum 27 11188 September 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Puddleglum
  George Washington named Britan's Greatest Ever Foe Handprint 24 9247 April 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Perhaps Zimmerman Wasn't So Bad Minimalist 18 6066 April 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: mediamogul