You people are nuts - of COURSE Christians are oppressed, and horribly so. Just a few examples:
-I live in a town of just under 6000 people, and we ONLY HAVE 18 CHURCHES!!
-This past Christmas, I counted no fewer than 40 crèche scenes in peoples' front gardens, and (though I didn't count) less than 1000 examples of religious Christmas decoration in public places.
-I find that I am only able to access religious programming on telly 30-40 hours per week.
-There are about 12 bookshops in the main shopping district here, and only 8 of them sell Bibles.
-Just this past week, I sneezed, and only two people said, 'Bless you.'
-For people in need of it, the only places in town where you can find religious counseling (apart from the churches) are hospitals, clinics, police stations, and the 3 or 4 local charity shops. Oh, and any passerby who takes an interest in your troubles. But that's all.
Clearly, the Christian presence and influence in my little town is being ground under the iron heel of oppression by hordes of non-believers.
Boru
-I live in a town of just under 6000 people, and we ONLY HAVE 18 CHURCHES!!
-This past Christmas, I counted no fewer than 40 crèche scenes in peoples' front gardens, and (though I didn't count) less than 1000 examples of religious Christmas decoration in public places.
-I find that I am only able to access religious programming on telly 30-40 hours per week.
-There are about 12 bookshops in the main shopping district here, and only 8 of them sell Bibles.
-Just this past week, I sneezed, and only two people said, 'Bless you.'
-For people in need of it, the only places in town where you can find religious counseling (apart from the churches) are hospitals, clinics, police stations, and the 3 or 4 local charity shops. Oh, and any passerby who takes an interest in your troubles. But that's all.
Clearly, the Christian presence and influence in my little town is being ground under the iron heel of oppression by hordes of non-believers.
Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax


