Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Catholic position a "take it or leave it" kind?
RE: Is the Catholic position a "take it or leave it" kind?
(July 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm)Zidneya Wrote:
(July 30, 2014 at 7:36 pm)lwlodarczyk Wrote: Aha! Is this a conscious choice? And if so, can you reply to the follow up question?

I live in a Catholic country. And well…we(should I say we? or they? since I am an atheist) pretty much do all kinds of s**t that I can assure you are forbidden by the church and when we get out on the streets we pretend we didn't do anything wrong.
[Image: happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
We tell that to our friends, our family and ourselves, yet when we get back home we start doing them once again.
[Image: whip-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Then people go to confession tell half of the truth(the good half if you know what I mean) and when we pay penitence they say into their hearts that this is for all the bad that they told the priest along with the stuff they didn't told him.
[Image: angel1-onion-head-emoticon.gif]

I live in catholic country. I have never heard one say "we are perfect people" or I have never heard them say "we don't have evil people in our group". To say that they claim perfection is bullshit.

Now mind you, I do not hang around assholes. I like being the only one. Makes me feel special ed like.

(July 30, 2014 at 9:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: There are large (VERY large) variations in Catholic marriage annulments from country to country. IIRC, there are many times more in the US than in some other countries, and also, whether or not an annulment is even possible if children are involved varies as you go.

It's my impression the church does NOT advertise these regional disparities. Presumably the intensity of fealty to God's edicts, strictures, covenants, rules, commandments, and decrees is supposed to be the same everywhere, and calling attention to the discrepancies is frowned upon.

addenda: I should have said annulment rate, sorry,

yeah, leaders don't tell the truth ... you mean thats a new thing? Had I known, I wouldn't have slander-ed them so many years ago. Confused Fall

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Catholic position a "take it or leave it" kind? - by archangle - July 31, 2014 at 11:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 40381 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 393 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14678 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 2004 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4192 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why I can't take the Gospels seriously. Jehanne 39 4039 June 18, 2021 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1748 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1451 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 881 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3670 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet