Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 10:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
(August 4, 2014 at 5:13 am)BlackMason Wrote:
(August 3, 2014 at 5:42 pm)Mozart Link Wrote: Although when I have feelings of empowerment and such which are all derived from anime (because I always think of the characters, music, environments, etc. and feel empowered by these things even in my normal daily life) the cause of my reasonings in my posts here and such might not be from just simply anime and just might simply be my own attitude and thinking and/or my own attitude and perceptions that I chose to gain from anime. But I do know that there are many characters in anime that have a sense of superiority and power and seek god-like powers and enlightenment and such and I am inspired by this.

Right. In those anime the characters are faced with their reality. The reality that you have the pleasure of viewing on your computer screen or tv. These characters end up becoming masters of their reality through hard work and dedication like Edward Elrich in Full Metal Alchemist. If Naruto's never say die attitude inspires you then why not adopt it into your reality. Do something in this reality that will earn you the respect you see your favourite anime characters command. Let their stories be the force that drives you to achieve your own success.

Exactly my idea. I identified with the character Naruto because once I suffered bullying and everybody though of me as a failure. Years later, I'm a successful college students with good results, I earn my own money and I have a beautiful girlfriend and awesome friends. I didn't have anyone to help me out, except my mom, and I didn't fail because of that.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism) - by Cato - August 1, 2014 at 10:46 am
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism) - by Dystopia - August 4, 2014 at 5:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 46961 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2904 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5176 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4826 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  An atheists guide to reality StatCrux 143 47527 April 23, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Announced disproof of Reality strengthens the atheism cosmology 11 2402 December 31, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 932 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27724 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14742 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3694 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer