Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 12:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian)
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian)
Not at all sure what the hell theists are even claiming to believe in. I can't imagine what would or would not confirm the existence of a 'god'. If one materialized in front of me my first thought would be that I was hallucinating or dreaming. But even if something 'really' materialized in front of me, I still would not know if it was one of these 'god'-things. No clear and coherent definition exists. Perhaps it is just an advanced alien or unknown earth being?

That said, I'm fine with people interpreting and making sense of their consciousness any way they like. Call part of it god? Fine with me. So long as no one becomes imperialist about insisting everyone accept their interpretation of 'god', I really don't care if they want to emboss their belief with omni-powers, eternality and creator credentials. I will go on thinking all that is bat shit crazy but fine with me if they disagree.

I'm not willing to follow every variation of the question in the OP. This is all the answer I've got.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 8:24 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 8:50 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 9:13 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Chad32 - September 19, 2014 at 11:56 am
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Tonus - September 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Whateverist - September 20, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11147 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Advice For Those Who Have 'Questions For Atheists' BrianSoddingBoru4 26 7266 February 6, 2014 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Questions for Atheists emmawheeler 27 5378 February 3, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda