Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Atheists
Questions for Atheists
Hello, I'm new to this, and I have a few questions for a project at school. If I could get someone's views on these topics, it would be MUCH appreciated!

What is the origin of the universe and man?

What is the purpose of mankind?

What is satisfaction and how do I obtain it?

What has gone wrong with the world? (Why is there evil in the world - Why do bad things happen to good people)

What is the solution to the problems we face? (what happens when I fail and how do I make things right)

What is right and wrong? (is moral truth absolute or relative)

Is there a universal moral law?

What happens at death?

What does atheism do with the person of Jesus?
RE: Questions for Atheists
For the history of the universe and humans:
http://www.talkorigins.org/

For ethics and meaning of life:
http://plato.stanford.edu/

I recommend starting a thread to discuss something in particular. These wide ranging 'school project' threads never end well.
The same caveat might apply as here:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-23856.html

" These wide ranging 'school project' threads never end well. "

Well, one would have to stick to answering questions without having discussions about individual answers... Otherwise, yes...
READ A BOOK!! thank u....
(February 2, 2014 at 5:15 pm)emmawheeler Wrote: What does atheism do with the person of Jesus?

What does this even mean??
(February 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm)Insanity Wrote:
(February 2, 2014 at 5:15 pm)emmawheeler Wrote: What does atheism do with the person of Jesus?

What does this even mean??

It's a written Rorschach test. What associations does the question evoke in you? Just answer freely. It's not like most of the other questions are any better Big Grin

@emmawheeler: did you author those questions? They are rather loaded questions "What has gone wrong with the World" or so vague to be nigh nonsensical.
Quote:No Advertising
Any advertisements in posts will be removed immediately. If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting. If you want to post your website, please adhere to the 30 days and 30 posts rule. This amount of time and number of posts shows that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. If the rule is not adhered to, the advertisement will be removed and you may be warned or banned.

We are not guinea pigs, and to anyone else with the same assignment (lauraherff, I'm looking at you!), kindly bugger off!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(February 2, 2014 at 5:42 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
Quote:No Advertising
... This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. ...

We are not guinea pigs, and to anyone else with the same assignment (lauraherff, I'm looking at you!), kindly bugger off!

Killjoy. Angry

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome emma!

I know you're eager to get your answers, but there's this detail of forum etiquette where you are required to run your questionnaire through the mods first...

Also, you could introduce yourself, so we know a little bit more about you and you may come to know a bit more about each of us! Do it here: https://atheistforums.org/forum-11.html

Then browse the forum... your questions have been posed before... some recently, some... not so recently.
Interact with the people here so you actually come to relize that no two of us are alike.

Then, once you're sort of known... (30 posts or 30 days)... if you still feel you need your questionnaire, you will be free to pose it. (I think)

But I'm cool with this sort of thing...
click:

Quote: What happens at death?

You die, your body starts to rot, someone will probably put it in a box and bury or burn it... that's it.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) Lemonvariable72 32 6478 September 21, 2014 at 3:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11027 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Advice For Those Who Have 'Questions For Atheists' BrianSoddingBoru4 26 7157 February 6, 2014 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox