Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hullo, hullo!
RE: Hullo, hullo!
Hey guys, thanks for welcoming me! ^^

Yes, I do enjoy altering the state of my mind, and it's been going pretty well. Haha!
SWIM says ketamine is indeed some interesting stuff, but I suppose SWIM is in the wrong forum to talk about it. xD

And I know to some "types" of atheists wouldn't consider atheism to be anything to be passionate about, as they feel it contradicts the definition, but I disagree. As someone who was raised in a very, very, very religious town in Wisconsin (come on, Sarah Palin did a book signing in our Walmart to stand in solidarity with the Christians when the district school board tried--and failed--to create a rule that said for every Christian song they performed at the winter choir concerts, they needed to have one non-Christian song as well), I've been fighting religion even before I started calling myself an atheist. Back in third grade, I was one of the Catholics at an otherwise protestant school (it was public, but in terms of the attendees, it was protestant). Since Pope John Paul the Second made a statement that Catholics could believe in a hybrid of the Bible's creation story and evolution, one not-so-nice Baptist boy asked me if I believed in evolution. I didn't know much about it, but I knew it was some scientific concept, so I replied, "Yes." He then called me a "monkey-lover", and for the rest of the schoolyear, I was bullied for just that. I was a Catholic for many years of my life because I viewed it as the scared army that was fighting the evil, protestant army that attacked me during childhood, hahaha. But long story short, when I realized Catholicism was just as bad, as with most religions, and when I saw that these same religions were blocking science, personal development, and perpetuating established roles and prejudice, I became compelled to show the world (err, at least the people in my world, haha) that thier religion was toxic. So I actually do spend a portion of my time talking to people about how their religion isn't real by pointing out contradictions in their religious texts, watching atheist YouTubers (though not so much lately, because I need to find new atheist YouTubers who talk more about atheism instead of "feminazis"), and reading atheist books like the God Delusion. Some of it focuses on science, some focuses on laws and social issues, but since it's not just one or the other, and all these things go back to anti-religious atheism, I do consider it to be my passion. Just like someone who loves the environment considers it to be his/her passion. (For the record, I love the environment too, but I'm not nearly as passionate about that as I am about atheism!)

Messages In This Thread
Hullo, hullo! - by ketameankitty - January 2, 2015 at 12:15 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by SteelCurtain - January 2, 2015 at 12:23 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Minimalist - January 2, 2015 at 12:25 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by KichigaiNeko - January 2, 2015 at 12:27 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Exian - January 2, 2015 at 12:43 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by rexbeccarox - January 2, 2015 at 1:05 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Napoléon - January 2, 2015 at 1:08 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Whateverist - January 2, 2015 at 1:36 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Exian - January 2, 2015 at 1:49 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Surgenator - January 2, 2015 at 1:49 am
RE: Hullo, hullo! - by Aoi Magi - January 2, 2015 at 1:54 am