Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Moms not taking my atheism well.
#1
Moms not taking my atheism well.
I came out to her about my new lack of a belief in a God or gods, and she's treating it as if I have died. She's not saying I'm dead to her, but she is mourning my loss of faith as if I had died. She asked if this means I wouldn't be singing any Christian songs anymore, and my best answer was "I'm sorry." She started crying.

I know it meant so much to her that I stayed Christian, and sing Christian songs, and such, and after coming out to her, I now feel as though I killed her inside and I feel guilty inside. How do I handle this? I'm worried that she may blame herself.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart
_______________________________
Let's stop fighting and and start smiling! This is our one and only life to live... let's be friends and live it with smiles! Big Grin

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Moms not taking my atheism well. - by IanHulett - January 15, 2015 at 11:38 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by mainethinker - January 15, 2015 at 11:45 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by pocaracas - January 15, 2015 at 11:46 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by Alex K - January 15, 2015 at 11:49 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by robvalue - January 15, 2015 at 11:50 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by Alex K - January 15, 2015 at 11:52 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by JuliaL - January 15, 2015 at 11:52 am
RE: Moms not taking my atheism well. - by Strider - January 15, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking a Break Fireball 8 1364 May 13, 2026 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  Well, color me smeckledorfed! no one 4 1864 December 31, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 2529 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: awty
  Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area. no one 16 4530 June 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 8134 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 7562 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well, Stormy...He IS An Old Sack of Shit Minimalist 11 3470 August 28, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 7473 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Taking a break Godscreated 3 1044 July 19, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Stupid humans & risk taking Jackie 20 7926 March 25, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: rskovride



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)