Also, I'll just leave this here:
Flynn Effect TedTalks
Very worth watching.
I know someone mentioned it earlier, but we have good evidence that just 100 years ago, the average person had an IQ of about 70, and were unable to think about things abstractly or to be able to consider hypotheticals in a logical way.
It is likely that our IQ's had gone up some in the previous 2000 years as well, as the reason it is proposed to have gone up is how cognitively demanding professions and access to education that have raised ours. So in a world where most people are rural farmers, fishermen, and had no access to even basic education outside of learning a trade (and few even had that), then yeah, I can easily imagine that the average IQ 2000 years ago was 60 to 70, compared to today.
Flynn Effect TedTalks
Very worth watching.
I know someone mentioned it earlier, but we have good evidence that just 100 years ago, the average person had an IQ of about 70, and were unable to think about things abstractly or to be able to consider hypotheticals in a logical way.
It is likely that our IQ's had gone up some in the previous 2000 years as well, as the reason it is proposed to have gone up is how cognitively demanding professions and access to education that have raised ours. So in a world where most people are rural farmers, fishermen, and had no access to even basic education outside of learning a trade (and few even had that), then yeah, I can easily imagine that the average IQ 2000 years ago was 60 to 70, compared to today.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead


