Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Eve in Hell right now?
Is Eve in Hell right now?
Is Eve, from the Adam and Eve story, in hell right now?

She disobeyed god and started the whole sin trend in humans, so did god put her in an everlasting lake of fire?

If she repented, and god forgave and decided that he did want her to live with him forever why did he continue to expel her from his garden and continue to condemn her children?

If she is in hell, does she really deserve it? 6000 years of torture is a pretty stiff sentence served for unwittingly listening to another supreme being that you had no previous reasons to mistrust.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Is Eve in Hell right now?
Another thing:

Eve is not a believer. If that is a requirement, she is out. She has direct firsthand knowledge of God, therefore, she doesn't believe, she knows.

Considering how touchy god is about everything else, I think that is significant.
The idea of a fiery lake didn't really exist in the old testament. It's kind of a problem, saying Jesus is the only way, but waiting thousands upon thousands of years for him to show up and allow people to go to heaven? Also if good people did get to heaven before Jesus came, what was the point of Jesus?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

She's a woman that didn't do as she was told so God surely put the smack down to put her in her place.
Her punishment, (and apparently every female mammal's punishment) is painful childbirth. Before she ate the apple, vaginas were HUGE.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 22, 2014 at 12:59 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Eve is not a believer. If that is a requirement, she is out. She has direct firsthand knowledge of God, therefore, she doesn't believe, she knows.
Plato described knowledge as "justified true belief", so that doesn't necessarily rule out the requirement.

Besides, plenty of Christians will argue (wrongly) that they "know" God exists because they have a relationship with him.
(May 22, 2014 at 1:08 pm)Elskidor Wrote: She's a woman that didn't do as she was told so God surely put the smack down to put her in her place.

She was lucky she wasn't in Pakistan or god would have beaten her with a stick.
(May 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Is Eve, from the Adam and Eve story, in hell right now?
That's an interesting question. Presumably --if god is omniscient and understood that mankind might disobey-- he would already have planned out what hell was and what it would be like, so that he could readily poof it into existence as soon as someone broke a rule. Or maybe it was already completed and ready for use, running on a low simmer until it was needed.

Because otherwise the situation seems just outrageously unfair, since it would mean that future generations of humans were handed a seriously raw deal by two people who paid a very light penalty themselves. There's another topic going on about how abortion may be violating the rights of "future people." But abortion is small potatoes compared to a god who condemns the vast majority of "future people" to an eternity of hellfire before the first human blastocyst was even conceived.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Isn't there some bs doctrine about "Abraham's Bosom"?
Line, dead people before Jesus were just chilling, then Jesus went to Hell and busted them out?
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Quote:since it would mean that future generations of humans were handed a seriously raw deal by two people who paid a very light penalty themselves.

I sense the "mysterious ways" bullshit percolating among jesus freaks.

[Image: 3d02a9554ed08aea6cb91c6fae5af410.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1068 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13637 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3273 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36866 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7003 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2726 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So you when to hell now what. dyresand 556 112869 June 25, 2015 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Adam and Eve's IQ Brakeman 61 11086 April 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6773 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  God's injustice towards Adam and Eve Ryantology 131 28418 August 29, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda