Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
RE: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?
Can we just skip ahead to the bit where you tell us yet again that the ideal model for husband/wife relations is patriarchy based on your desire to implement the law of the sea on land as an unsubstantiated categorical imperative? We don't need to meander through Genesis to get there.
RE: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?
Why was either one of them punished when they didn't know good from bad until they did something bad?
Why does anyone fall for blind obedience at all? In the story neither Adam or Eve had any say in how the game was set up. God also didn't need their consent to set up the rules. In reality we would never tolerate an immovable leader and we also have the opportunity to change laws we do not like.
In short woma/Eve was deceived when the serpent told her if she ate of the fruit she would not die. She ate, and noted she did not die. So she took this information and taught/imparted it to Adam. For this, transgression women are not to teach, in Paul's message to Timothy.
Women are weak and stupid. They don't have souls like men do.

The men who wrote the bible were heavily invested in a patriarchal system. They wanted a book that reflected that. So when they were coming up with the word of god these views colored their writing.
Quote: She ate, and noted she did not die.

But she was right, Drippy. She did not die which makes your god a fucking liar.
(September 11, 2014 at 12:31 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: She ate, and noted she did not die.

But she was right, Drippy. She did not die which makes your god a fucking liar.

Which should, by the logic Drich just presented, preclude god from teaching, making the new testament sinful... Thinking

But please do spin around and give us the usual "spiritual death" nonsense, Drich. I'm sure we'll all ignore that it isn't present in the text at all! Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 10, 2014 at 3:11 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

Why was every single member of the human race born subsequent to Adam and Eve doomed to death for their alleged failings?

That is much more pertinent to me.

(September 11, 2014 at 12:54 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Why was every single member of the human race born subsequent to Adam and Eve doomed to death for their alleged failings?

That is much more pertinent to me.

Because no sentence can be unfair or just if God hands it out. It's the same lame excuse that toadies have been giving to explain the injustice and unfairness of their favorite tyrants since the beginning of time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1046 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13321 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36270 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19349 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Adam and Eve's IQ Brakeman 61 11055 April 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  God's injustice towards Adam and Eve Ryantology 131 28238 August 29, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  20 ADAM AND EVE QUESTIONS PASTORS CANT ANSWER mumumugu 7 2553 August 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Do I sin because of Adam? Baalzebutt 131 34482 April 14, 2013 at 11:56 am
Last Post: catfish
  N.C. church may loose tax exempt status for engaging in political activity. Ziploc Surprise 11 4664 May 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  What does in God’s image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense. Greatest I am 14 9024 April 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am