Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
RE: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
So, no matter how many times I correct you, and request that you stop imposing positions on me, you're just gonna keep doing that>? Conspiracy may be important to you, you may have alot to say about it. I don't. I don;t see why it;s required as an explanation, or why you must paint my remarks.....despite that constant correction by myself, -as a conspiracy theory waiting to express itself. That's never going to happen, you realize?

Do we not agree that there is a legendary or mythical Paul?  You're asking me to demonstrate what you seem to have already agreed to Nestor.  You have used those very words yourself........we simply have a disagreement as to how far that legendary/mythical paul extends, where he stops, and where "the real paul" begins...if there is a real paul. That's it, that's the whole disagreement between us, that is what I have continually expressed, that is what I have continually corrected you upon...and you have nothing to say about that, only constant straw manning horseshit. I asked you to isolate the most compelling piece of evidence, in your estimation, for a historical Paul.  Sure, I may not have found it convincing the first go round, try again. I asked you to pick an epistle (which is ludicrous, btw, as the claim won't prove the claim.....and so that discussion is entirely for the benefit of your own position) so we could consider whether or not those epistles -also- had those legendary and mythological aspects we have both agreed -do exist- in the character of Paul.  

-but that shit, up above, was what I got?  You seem to be under the impression that I must demonstrate some counterpoint to you, that I must provide some other compelling explanation or this "Historical Paul" business is credible. This is not the case - regardless of whether or not I have demonstrated this to you........do you understand -why- this is not the case? Why I must establish -precisely nothing- other than your inability to demonstrate what you have claimed to know...to support the criticism I've offered? Sure, sure, I think you're having difficulty doing that as you have to scramble over and around the legendary and mythical Paul...but what I think about Paul matters very little with regards to what you must demonstrate to be true. Why do you think I need an elaborate alternative explanation in order to rationally disagree? I have looked at what you offered as evidence, I'm willing to look again, and I did not see that what you offered could demonstrate that the claim made, a historical paul, was true. Not that it didn't, mind..that it -could not-.

I'm asking questions and advancing a position which has been asked and advanced for as long as people have been searching for the historical Paul...so lets stop pretending that my comments are unserious, shall we? If you would stop with the strawmanning, you might be able to see that over the mound of bullshit you've erected. I am simply asking you how you have conquered the legend, how you have overcome the myth. Knowing that legend and myth is present in the narrative...(and we both know this, right?).......how have you determined that a specific set of claims is factual, rather than legendary or mythical? Yes, Nestor, that even includes those seemingly innocuous claims as "I was born at x on the x of x"..........after all, Odin, Zues, Quetzecotal, Paul fucking Bunyan, and Jonathan Harker make similar, innocuous claims that are, regardless of their seeming innocence, fiction -part of the narrative-......and which, of any competeng, seemingly innocuous claims, are to be believed?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament - by The Grand Nudger - May 26, 2015 at 8:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8941 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Old Testament Prophecy Proof of Jesus Nihilist Virus 45 6670 August 12, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 37722 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 17053 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude
  The Utter Irrelevance of the New Testament Whateverist 66 10826 May 24, 2015 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Question of the Greek New Testament Rhondazvous 130 22845 May 19, 2015 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7652 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Testament arguments urlawyer 185 23148 March 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Reliability of the creation account robvalue 129 13033 January 20, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Jews and the old testament Vivalarevolution 40 7221 October 21, 2014 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Vivalarevolution