Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 4:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists
RE: GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists
The GOP has power no doubt about it, but the old guard is on its way out and I disagree with the author of the article.

Yes, the candidates are largely religious twits but if they think that this "return to family values-lets restore biblical morality" is going to breeze them through to a campaign win - well, I think they're sorely mistaken. 

They truly are stupid if they think that all Americans want is some evangelical president fighting back the gays and restoring white america.  Yes, we have a LOT of idiots who will vote in that direction, but I truly believe that what most Americans (even the religious twits) want is the semblance of a government that isn't screwing us over while fucking over the rest of the world in the process.  

What do we want?
From what I can tell, most everyone wants the same few things ...
Fix our infrastructure. 
Tend to problems at home, leave other countries alone.
Stop raising the national debt
Fix this health care debacle (national health care can work - if done correctly)
Hold Financial institutions responsible.
Hold China responsible to fair trade

There are other things of course, but the one thing I have NEVER heard when talking to hundreds of other Americans is:
"I sure wish we had a president who was a fundamental christian that kept gays down and had more public bible readings."

Yeah, if the GOP bets all their money on religious twittery, they're going to be very very sorry.
Yes, there's a lot of idiot baby boomers still ruining our country, but christianity is slowly dying and I believe with every passing year, people care less and less for the old guard trying to sell their fucking god to everyone.

MHO
[Image: Evolution.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists - by Cinjin - June 4, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2272 154945 2 hours ago
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 3453 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1134 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10428 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1538 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1828 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1168 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2578 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone just watch POTUS/Nacy/Chuck? Brian37 5 682 December 12, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If right wingers are inbred, are left wingers full of AIDS? Raue8ur 1 496 November 20, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: no one