Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly?
Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly?
I was born in Vienna (Wien). Ich bin ein Wiener. Wiener Blut.

As such I was tought of the 11th of september 1683. Which is the date on which the second siege of Vienna ended. (a fact often ignored by german historians and conservatives) the city of vienna which was no longer capable to save itself was then rescued by the polish King Sobieski who lead an army of several christian nations for it`s liberation.
Vienna was besieged by the then Kaliphat of the Ottoman empire, who if they had won, would have probably expanded a muslim empire far into Europe. The end of the siege also marked the beginning of the end for the last kaliphat. shortly after the siege several european nations declared war against the ottoman empire and they would start losing terretory rapedly up to their final collapse in 1917.

So I have heard it by various people that Bin Laden chose the 11th of September on purpose because the last Kaliphat (one could say) started to end on that day. But most people whom I heard say that are "Eurabian" conspiracy nuts. And dates have more assosiations as one may think. William Walace defeated the English in the battle of Stirling bridge on the 11 September, The Island of Manhatten was found, Hungary opend the iron curtain and many more events.

So do you think or have sources that prove that Bin Laden chose that date on purpose because of that siege?

Messages In This Thread
Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly? - by Something completely different - March 9, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where is Osama bin Laden from? WinterHold 34 2529 August 29, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Try to remember the kind of September When life was slow and oh, so mellow." Minimalist 0 517 June 7, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are certain horrific aspects of catholicism distinctive to that sect specificaly. Something completely different 25 5901 July 31, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Romney credit for killing Bin Laden...... 5thHorseman 12 3971 September 12, 2012 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Bin Laden's Denial of 9/11 Rayaan 48 16704 May 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Sarah Palin offers thanks to Bush, not Obama, for death of Bin Laden reverendjeremiah 49 18423 May 9, 2011 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Napoléon