Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A quite disturbing absurdity in Christianity
RE: A quite disturbing absurdity in Christianity
(July 13, 2014 at 6:49 pm)Blackout Wrote: To the Christian user, can you explain the following contradictions?:

First, is the christian god mercy and good to everyone or just some people?

Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Jeremiah 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Is Christianity peaceful or warmonger?

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Is Jesus equal to god or not?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Who has seen god?

Genesis 32:30: And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

John 1:18: No man hath seen God at any time.

Numbers 14:14: Thou, Lord, art seen face to face.

John 6:46: Not that any man hath seen the Father

The contradictions by themselves are enough to dismiss the legitimacy of the bible has evidence that Christianity is right and that the christian god exists-

God is loving and merciful to all people, but he's also just. Jesus died for all, not just for some. Eternal salvation is available to every person and he wants all people to come to him.

Jesus is equal to the Father in nature, but is below him in position. You are equal to your boss, but below him or her in position.

Christianity is peaceful. We're to love our enemies. Any unjust war is sinful. And yes, people who identified themselves as christians have started unjust wars.

Jacob wrestled with a being who was probably the God the Son in human form and he realized that it was God. When a person experiences a direct experience with God he may refer it as "face to face". It's a type of written expression often used in the old testament. Jesus was in the form of a human being. John was saying that no one has has seen the "unveiled" face of God. When Moses communicated with God he wore a veil over face.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quite disturbing absurdity in Christianity - by Lek - July 12, 2014 at 11:43 pm
RE: A quite disturbing absurdity in Christianity - by Lek - July 13, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 325 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7055 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  God is quite the sinner himself Kloud 38 8734 December 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Challenge to atheists: I find your lack of faith disturbing! Aractus 271 74070 March 29, 2014 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8564 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18480 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Debunking Christianity? It's actually quite as simple as asking "why?" TheYoungAtheist 116 45371 August 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Faith No More