Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain?
Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain?
This is just something interesting I've noticed and think maybe a correlation:

-----------------------
The argument:
"People who are Atheist tend to be male and left-brained while Theists tend to be more female and right-brained. Maybe Atheism and theism is something deeply genetic."
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
Why I think so:

We all know that the Left-Brain is associated with Logic, Reason, and Concrete/tactile data. While the Right brain is associated with feelings, creativity and intuition/abstract data.

First reason why I think this is so is because of the boiled down arguments atheists and theists make. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the theist arguement boils down to a sort of "I can *feel* God's Existence", while the atheist arguement boils down to "I can't see, touch, or find any hard *evidence* of God". Don't you see the left-brain, right-brain arguement structure here?

Likewise, if you guys keep up with politics don't you notice that very secular people are more liberal and "*left*-wing" while religious people tend to be more conservative and "*right*-wing"? If you think about it, communism is a *logical* theoretical structure while a theocracy is *feeling* based, hope based structure.

Another reason why I believe this to be true is because of the divide in the Scientific field.
According to the Pew Research Center Poll and surveyed Scientist's belief/disbelief, ( http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scien...nd-belief/ )it turns out that roughly 50% are either God/higher power believers, while the other half were atheists/agnostic.

And this is where things get interesting. If you study the stats (the ones at the bottom of the field) carefully and make a general selection of competing ideas, it seems as if the *Male Scientists* who study Physics/Astronomy are inclined to be more atheistic while the *Female Scientists* who study Geosciences tend to be more theistic. Think about it. Doesn't the Earth *Feel* as if it was created by God? While doesn't the Universe's light-year distances *logically suggest* an older, naturalistic non-Theistic Origin?

To conclude, I have a intuitive *feeling* that the reason why atheists and theists simply can't get along is simply because our brains are wired differently and thus we think each other are stupid.
--------------------------------------

Another conclusion I make is that this correlation maybe altogether just a giant bullshit hypothesis with a small grain of truth. Sorry for wasting your time if it is.
[emoji51]

EDIT: If what I'm saying is possible, I'd like to do an experiment in which one of you virgin atheists men to marry a religious woman and how your new experimental child's worldview would be like.

Messages In This Thread
Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by bambi_swag - October 3, 2015 at 1:59 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by bambi_swag - October 3, 2015 at 2:43 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by robvalue - October 3, 2015 at 5:04 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by bambi_swag - October 3, 2015 at 6:49 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by Athene - October 4, 2015 at 1:11 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by vorlon13 - October 4, 2015 at 1:14 am
RE: Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? - by robvalue - October 4, 2015 at 7:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Human brain activity during stone tool production. The Grand Nudger 6 1533 May 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Consciousness causes higher entropy compared to unconscious states in the human brain uncool 40 6266 February 1, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ? Marsellus Wallace 26 5056 January 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind) gomlbrobro 47 5956 April 30, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Archaeology Cannot Be Left To Jesus Freak Shitheads..... Minimalist 12 4430 March 28, 2014 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Brain Cells and the Universe FallentoReason 31 14617 February 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Zone
  Your Brain on Facebook thesummerqueen 1 1073 November 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious