Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human brain activity during stone tool production.
Human brain activity during stone tool production.
I like brains. I like rocks.  I like to talk. I like to use my brain to smash rocks and I've been known to use rocks to smash brains...and talk about it!

.........so I was bound to love this;

http://ir.uiowa.edu/etd/2133/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Human brain activity during stone tool production.
True magic is the ability of the scientific method to unravel answers where there was nothing but questions and mystery.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 2, 2018 at 4:34 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I like brains. I like rocks.  I like to talk. I like to use my brain to smash rocks and I've been known to use rocks to smash brains...and talk about it!

.........so I was bound to love this;

http://ir.uiowa.edu/etd/2133/

I was going to suggest if there is one thing creationist brain is vastly better for than evolutionist brains is beating against stone cores to flake off chips.
@Igno
IKR?  A real clever feature of that study...that you'd have to read the whole thing to tease out..was the manner in which they controlled for incidental correlation between ESA knapping and linguistics.   

After you read it and see their data...you think "fuck, ofc!" - but the earlier researchers totally missed it and I hadn't thought of it before I read it either.  In the process, they discredit those earlier studies findings not on the basis of the accuracy of their conclusion..but specifically on their method- while simultaneously providing even greater support for the very proposition in question that those earlier researchers had sought..and failed, to find.

@Anom
The data suggests that oldowan tool manufacturing is a waste of a theist's brain..even...if that can be imagined. I guess they can always hang their hat on that.

OTOH, it presents a narrative in which the very foundation of telling stories about fairies is ultimately rooted in making clubs to beat your neighbor over the head with....and wasn't it ever thus? Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[hard fucking rock]
[shit, be careful a goddam shard almost went in my eye]
[jesus, don't we have any softer rocks?]
[fuck this is boring]
[oh! a bug !!]
[nerp, rock chip]
[fuck this is boring]
[I bet Throgina is preggers again]
[shit, where did Norpt find this fucking rock?]
[fuck this is boring]
[GODDAMIT!! Rock chip under ny fucking fingernail, FUCK FUCK FUCK, This is how Grawn wound up fucking dead . . . . ]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's amazing what you can get grant money for these days!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 2, 2018 at 5:57 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: [hard fucking rock]
[shit, be careful a goddam shard almost went in my eye]
[jesus, don't we have any softer rocks?]
[fuck this is boring]
[oh! a bug !!]
[nerp, rock chip]
[fuck this is boring]
[I bet Throgina is preggers again]
[shit, where did Norpt find this fucking rock?]
[fuck this is boring]
[GODDAMIT!! Rock chip under ny fucking fingernail, FUCK FUCK FUCK, This is how Grawn wound up fucking dead . . . . ]

Grawn should not fuck dead; make him sick and die, himself.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World's first known Covid19 Ai Diagnosis Tool (Call to participate) NeedForSpeed 1 347 July 13, 2020 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Duty
  Not watering plants during the summer day is a myth! Jehanne 21 2232 July 11, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Consciousness causes higher entropy compared to unconscious states in the human brain uncool 40 5975 February 1, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4531 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ? Marsellus Wallace 26 4890 January 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? bambi_swag 11 4491 October 4, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Brain Cells and the Universe FallentoReason 31 14486 February 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Zone
  Your Brain on Facebook thesummerqueen 1 1046 November 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious