Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind Watchmaker - Preface
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface
(December 15, 2008 at 11:57 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I find it interesting that you decide to criticize a book about a subject that you clearly do not understand (and indeed scoff at), and have so far refused to even consider trying to learn more about it.

It is not my intention to criticize the book, but rather to learn about evolution. You are correct in that I do not understand it fully and that I do indeed scoff at it, but I have always at least made some attempt to learn more about it. I have done that here as well. I continue to do that.

(December 15, 2008 at 11:57 pm)Tiberius Wrote: You came here and taught us a load about the Bible that we had never heard before, and we all listened and learned. We ask you do to some learning of your own and you simply refuse to do so. Such hypocritical nature isn't that uncommon for a religious man I suppose.

I came here and tried to teach you a tiny portion of what I thought any skeptic of the Bible should be educated on. The spirit, the soul and hell. I also responded to a post that was made before I got here on the flood. When it became obvious to me that no one here was interested in being educated by me on the Bible I politely decided to move on. Later lukec posted the Daystar thread and I decided that I would try to get you collectively to help me understand where you, the atheist and Bible skeptic were coming from. I began my observations on atheism posts.

I began to notice that in genral you all became more and more hostile towards me. You were loosing your patience. You only wanted to convert me or make a fool out of me. I didn't mind that, in fact I understood it. But it is getting to the point where you not only don't listen to me, don't want to even try to understand or debate me you only want to silence me. That is how I feel about it right now.

I am actually surprised at this because I thought you were more open minded than that. Actually you just want me to think like you. Even when I made a much greater attempt to understand you and your teachings than you ever have mine that isn't enough.

Even in a thread on a book that was reccomended to me here, which I agree to consider and discuss with you you still dismiss my willingness to learn. Your members are starting to murmer against me. They are saying I should be banned. For disagreeing with them?

I think that it is hypocritical of you to do all of this. This is why I say that you are no different than the religious which I hate. And that makes me sad because I actually thought that you were better than that. Perhaps I was wrong.

I should have known when you objected so fiercly to my even questioning your teachings. That is religious.

Messages In This Thread
Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Daystar - December 15, 2008 at 9:11 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Darwinian - December 15, 2008 at 9:18 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Daystar - December 15, 2008 at 9:52 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Tiberius - December 15, 2008 at 11:57 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Daystar - December 16, 2008 at 12:30 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Tiberius - December 16, 2008 at 12:53 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by lukec - December 16, 2008 at 1:14 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Edwardo Piet - December 16, 2008 at 1:23 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Kyuuketsuki - December 16, 2008 at 5:38 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by leo-rcc - December 16, 2008 at 5:55 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Kyuuketsuki - December 16, 2008 at 6:46 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Edwardo Piet - December 16, 2008 at 11:27 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Kyuuketsuki - December 16, 2008 at 11:52 am
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Edwardo Piet - December 16, 2008 at 2:18 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by Kyuuketsuki - December 16, 2008 at 2:46 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by leo-rcc - December 16, 2008 at 5:33 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by CoxRox - December 16, 2008 at 5:49 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by leo-rcc - December 16, 2008 at 6:12 pm
RE: Blind Watchmaker - Preface - by CoxRox - December 16, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Watchmaker: my fav argument zwanzig 672 54540 March 31, 2021 at 11:34 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Richard Dawkins Faith In Memes Is As Blind As A Christian's to God Cecco 110 42579 July 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Scented Nectar
  Richard Dawkins' Faith In Free Will Is As Blind As A Christians To God Cecco 34 15218 July 7, 2010 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit