Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. Why was I born me and not another?
(October 12, 2016 at 5:45 pm)EruptedCarcassBloat Wrote: Alright, I think I found a better way to state the question. Everything from the start of the universe, all the particles in the known universe come from the big bang, or as carl sagan would say, we're all made of star dust. So if I'm just made of star dust, and the rock around me or the cup on my desk are also made of star dust, then out of all the other matter on earth that came from the same place,
-all irrelevant to the question at hand....just flirtation with an inapplicable fascination towards the improbability of outcomes.  

Quote:why did I just happen to become a human being?
Because your mother and father were human beings, and it didn't "just happen", they worked at it.  Wink

Quote:All the hamburgers that everyone consumes that become babies that mothers give birth to, that came from the hamburgers that their mothers made.
Not an accurate description of metabolism -or- human reproduction.  Babies don't come from burgers, regardless of whose mother did or didn't make them.

Quote:I guess it's sort of comforting in a way, because even if your consciousness is destroyed, even if all your memories are disintegrated, once you decompose you go back to the stuff that made you up in the first place. I just wonder, what was the journey like from me being inanimate material to becoming a living, sentient organism.
You..... have -never- been inanimate material.  That said, evolutionary and reproductive biology should clear some things up for you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. Why was I born me and not another? - by The Grand Nudger - October 12, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1497 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus