Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion with a new age muslim
Discussion with a new age muslim
My friend is a Muslim, he is different. He follows the new age version of Islam.
He knows that I am an atheist, and pragmatic.
He is trying to reconvert me to Islam, I had three debates with him:
His premises are:
Him:We did not evolve, Aliens put us on earth and that they are experimenting with us and the alpha alien is Allah, while satan , demons and angels are also aliens.
We humans are the most preferred over other species, demons are less preffered but they are more advanced.
1st Debate:
I asked him: Do we have free will?
He replied :Yes we have.
I replied: But if god is omniscient, then we don't have free will.
He responded: A teacher gave a student the material to study and if he knows that the student didn't then he/she will fail, and god is like the teacher.
2nd Debate:
Him: Every living creature has a soul and it is based upon energy through the ATP.
He also explained how the ATP functions.
Me: If our energy/soul source is the food we eat and the soul is what built by individuality, character, conciousness, experiences, and for example we both eat the same exact thing why don't we act the same?
Him: The energy changes its form, and god gave u free will.
3rd Debate:
Him: Everything is intelligently designed.
Me: But why do we have useless organs and tissues in our bodies? Like the appendix.
Him:We have the appendix to store the bacteria responsible for breaking down sugars, and if someone has diarrhea the bacteria is stored in the appendix.
Me: Then what do think of Darwinian evolution?
Him: Darwin was only right about natural selection.
Me: Both of the concepts of intelligent design and natural selection contradict each other. If nature is about "survival of the fittest" then no need for intelligent design.
Him: Human beings did not originate from earth, we originated from another planet we are aliens to this earth, but we are adapting to it. Thats why a woman in labour is in severe pain, but other animals like baboons can give birth smoothly, and we can't control our instincts like the aliens can. The aliens want us to follow Islamic doctrine so we can progress, if God revealed himself we would be in chaos, so we are not ready for it.
He told me that his arguments are based on his research, I asked him about his sources but I forgot what they are.
I will be debating him most probably this week, his arguments still haven't persuaded, I know that it is highly probable for other creatures on other planets to exist, but I am still skeptical of his claim.
If we meet up, what should my response be?
Quote:What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

Messages In This Thread
Discussion with a new age muslim - by Lebneni Murtad - April 17, 2017 at 3:44 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by downbeatplumb - April 17, 2017 at 4:03 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by brewer - April 17, 2017 at 7:31 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by vorlon13 - April 17, 2017 at 8:35 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Brian37 - April 17, 2017 at 8:45 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Fake Messiah - April 19, 2017 at 8:07 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by LastPoet - April 19, 2017 at 8:10 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Fake Messiah - April 19, 2017 at 8:20 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Brian37 - April 19, 2017 at 12:50 pm
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Aoi Magi - April 19, 2017 at 11:46 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by The Grand Nudger - April 19, 2017 at 12:41 pm
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by Lebneni Murtad - April 21, 2017 at 9:10 am
RE: Discussion with a new age muslim - by WinterHold - April 21, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5330 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2320 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1270 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1348 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4785 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any Sunni/Shiite WinterHold 69 6337 August 8, 2022 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3964 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 786 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist WinterHold 94 4611 October 4, 2018 at 7:58 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1952 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13