Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do extreme right wing males have an inferiority complex
RE: Do extreme right wing males have an inferiority complex
Lek Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Reading Luckie's post and interpreting it as 'an attack on white men' is not a good sign. It also speaks to the insecurity issue in the OP. Then there's the fact that you even wonder if she's saying that you bought a gun so you could use it to go out an shoot minorities. She didn't say anything close to that so the slander is all in your head.

Get a grip, Lek. It's shit like that which makes people think you're a racist, not that you're a white man who owns a gun. You're not the only white guy on this forum who owns a gun. It's like you're ticking off boxes from the crypto-racist scorecard. I'm hoping you won't make it to BINGO.

"If anything, "Bearing Arms" in an open carry state is a death sentence for anyone who isn't white."

This quote from Luckie's post is appears to me to be a racist statement against white people.  Looks like she's saying that white people with guns use them to shoot non-whites.

Or she could be saying that people of color open carrying are more likely to be shot by police than white people open carrying.

Lek Wrote:"Nothing. They're scared of the army, the police, racist militia, rogue middle aged white men in movie theatres, and.. each other."

"Unless I'm mistaken and you aren't an entitled middle aged white male?"

Two more quotes.  The last one directed at me.

Quotes about what they're scared of. That they're reasonably concerned about getting shot by middle aged white men and would be concerned about being shot by you since you are one, does not imply that you want to shoot them.

Lek Wrote:"Mainly because I'm not interested in talking to a fucking racial apologist."

Another quote from her post directed at me.  Sounds pretty racist to me.  

Yeah, racists often complain about how being called a racist is so racist. Her accusation is based on your words, not your skin. I'm a middle-aged white man too and not against gun ownership, though I haven't bothered to own one myself. What could be the difference between how Luckie speaks to you and how she speaks to me? Do you think if I bought a gun she'd start calling me a racial apologist?

Lek Wrote:This is what so many are doing these days.  Instead of making the effort to address comments, they just call the person a racist or a fascist or something.  Then when I point it out and ask for facts people like you say it just make me look racist.  If I don't say anything I'm agreeing.

She called you a racist, or at least implied it, AND made the effort to address your comments. It's like you can't even see the serious part of her response because of the part that hurt your feelers. You asked for the facts and got the facts, but you choose to focus on the attitude. Focusing on the attitude is understandable, but you don't get to say she didn't address what you said, because she did.

And as I said elsewhere, if being called a racial apologist bothered me so much, I would take that as a signal that at some level I think there's something to it. If I turn it over and around and am honest with myself and find that I have no doubt that I really wasn't saying anything that could be reasonably interpreted as racist, then I can go forward without being too offended by it.

That doesn't mean white people don't get to be offended by being called racist even when they aren't being racist, it's a word that triggers emotional responses and you don't have to be Vulcan about it. But I'm telling you that being hyper -defensive about it sounds like 'protesting too much' and often inclines readers to be more likely to think that there's something to it.

White men aren't being oppressed just because people notice they are, in many ways, treated better by society and especially the police than people of color, on average. And they're not being oppressed if I leave out the 'on average' part because it should be understood that if someone doesn't say EVERY white man, they don't mean EVERY white man.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do extreme right wing males have an inferiority complex - by Mister Agenda - May 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4817 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1517 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Right Wing Tactics Amarok 18 1178 November 2, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 740 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Australia: Martyr complex among "no" voters GrandizerII 39 4686 November 21, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Even Right Wing Polls Can't Prop Up The WLB Minimalist 2 1103 May 30, 2017 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Argument against the death penalty by a r-wing conservative Catholic_Lady 0 686 December 6, 2016 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Income Inequality and Left Wing Hypocricy Neo-Scholastic 17 3368 September 28, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It Seems That The Money-Wing of the GOP has Minimalist 5 1162 February 22, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Find What is Wrong with This Right Wing Article Shining_Finger 8 2698 November 8, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: GUBU