Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority
UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority
...largest since the 80s.

Donald Trump will be tucking into his breakfast with vim and vigour no doubt. Me? I have little appetite.  Read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2019/results
RE: UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority
Based
Looks like Boris is going to get everything he wants - car bombs, Semtex explosions, kneecappings....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 13, 2019 at 5:58 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: Based

Wut?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Labour has the strongest policies to protect nature and combat climate change, a Friends of the Earth (FoE) survey suggests.
Its election pledges narrowly beat the Green Party and the Liberal Democrats – with the Conservatives far behind.
One key climate policy area is aviation, and Labour has now announced plans for a levy on people who take frequent flights.
The FoE league table marks the parties on 45 policy points.
The environmental campaign group's scores are:

• Labour - 33

• Greens - 31

• Lib Dems - 30

• Conservatives - 5.5

The words "unmitigated disaster" seem to be revolving in my mind.
There's a fair chance that this election will mean the dissolution of the UK.

Boru
Boris only cares about Boris, Corbin can't make a decision to save his life and the others have no chance anyway.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

@Boru - Perhaps, yes, at least some of it...almost certainly not Wales however, I think.
(December 13, 2019 at 6:55 am)Editz Wrote: @Boru - Perhaps, yes, at least some of it...almost certainly not Wales however, I think.

I was thinking chiefly of Scotland.  They desperately want to stay in the EU, and might very well vote to leave GB in order to do so.  By law, 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' has to include Scotland as a constituent country of Great Britain.

On reflection, I suppose they could simply change the name...

Boru
That's an interesting point Boru...overseas territories (eg - The Falklands) are not given in that name, so it's already inaccurate....the glaring nature of Great Britain missing Scotland though would surely be too much though, even for the least semantically pedantic. If I were a Scot living in Scotland this morning, I'd be banging on the table shouting "INDEPENDENCE NOW!" I might imagine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1037 44082 Yesterday at 2:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 660 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4623 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Is conservative Republicanism dead? Jehanne 16 1027 September 3, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The new conservative boogeyman, Drag Queens. Jehanne 26 2392 June 9, 2022 at 3:38 am
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 723 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anyone leaving if Trump wins? onlinebiker 39 2294 October 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 768 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5226 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold