Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 1:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour
RE: "Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour
(February 23, 2018 at 11:33 am)Starman Wrote:
(February 23, 2018 at 11:26 am)Tobie Wrote: Poor spelling does not mean poor intelligience.  (sic) Dismissing an argument because of an issue you have with the person making it is simple ad-hominem and avoiding the debate.

Your second point is another fallacy - the argument from authority. Newton was a genius in terms of mathematics, but that has no bearing on whether his opinions on religion, the mating habbits (sic) of the common shrew or any other unrelated topic should be relevant. For example, Thomas Midgley Jr. was a great engineer and chemist, but he also hospitalised himself for a year due to drinking leaded petrol.

"Intelligience."  Brilliant, Tobie.  No, really.  Writing simple  English is so much easier than logic and reason, so if you fail at the most basic level of writing to communicate, what hope is there for you to think about serious matters.

"MY" second point was not mine, but your fellow atheist's.  HE said that opinions voiced decades ago are out of date and therefore invalid because they were, in his tortured thinking, too old.  I brought up Newton because his calculus is still brilliant and useful.

I made no mention of Newton's "opinions on religion," much less the mating "habbits" of the common shrew.

Grow up and learn how to think, Tobie.  It's important.

Now you see, there are countless responses to my writings.  Should I ignore all of them?  You will accuse me of being fearful and running away from discussion.  If I respond, I am "trolling."  You hateful atheists are so intolerant, you have an accusation to spear anyone you hate.

Great, continue to ignore my point. 

Newton's calculus is brilliant, but like I said, it has no bearing on whether his other opinions are or not. 

I do enough thinking already, thank you. I would advise you to give it a go though - maybe brush up on the basic premises of debating
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour - by Tobie - February 23, 2018 at 11:41 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God's law or private law? Leonardo17 76 6760 January 19, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4080 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 6116 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Sharia law anyone? ignoramus 37 4569 March 28, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1626 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery WinterHold 49 18048 January 7, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Again, allah seems to need a lot of help Minimalist 6 1950 June 11, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Saudi Arabia Law lugal ki en 17 2737 September 28, 2016 at 3:21 am
Last Post: lugal ki en
  Interview with Ani Zonneveld: Creating a 21st Century Sharia ReptilianPeon 0 826 April 19, 2016 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Pakistani Anti-Child Marriage Law ‘Anti-Islamic’ & ‘Blasphemous’ ReptilianPeon 21 4676 February 13, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus