Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
(April 14, 2018 at 1:13 am)robvalue Wrote:
(April 13, 2018 at 5:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Because we ourselves must take the choice. We must pick the decision; pick the right answer.
It's a test, and tests can't have a sheet of answers:

Oh right. So we're being experimented on. Allah is a dick, again. People who are lucky enough to be born into the right religion are indeed given the answer sheet, aren't they? That makes it, at the very least, a hugely unfair test.

How am I meant to pick the right book to tell me how to be moral if my standard of morality is meant to be the book I pick? In that regard, every answer is right, isn't it?

It's a bit like when Adam ate the snake, before Eve had told him he shouldn't do that.

I think that the person must begin to look for a creator because life directs us to have that thought; no matter what situation we were born into (rich, poor, healthy, sick...etc).

People born in a religious environment are not necessarily saved. That sick idea is a Christian invention that the Quran never says; instead verses like these exist:

Quote:Sura 5, The Quran:
( 18 )   But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.

I don't believe in salvation due to belief. Nobody is safe, and those born into the right faith can very well end up with a failure and go hell.

After all; we are promised to bow in hell -all of us-:

Quote:Sura 19, The Quran:
( 68 )   So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.
( 69 )   Then We will surely extract from every sect those of them who were worst against the Most Merciful in insolence.
( 70 )   Then, surely it is We who are most knowing of those most worthy of burning therein.
( 71 )   And there is none of you except he will come to it. This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed.
( 72 )   Then We will save those who feared Allah and leave the wrongdoers within it, on their knees.

So nobody is pure.
The religious institution -with its Jewish, Christian and Sunn/Shiite Islamic flavor- does not like to say this. "Manufacturing the self righteous culture" and "nailing it to the hearts of the Church/Mosque 's followers", is a must for the institution to prosper and live on.

The test is equal to all. The pain and the spoils must direct the person's eyes to the skies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts - by WinterHold - April 14, 2018 at 1:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3432 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9155 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20656 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1324 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4535 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2957 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49075 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12736 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 871 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15231 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257