Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremists: a question and a talk
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk
(July 7, 2018 at 9:58 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Yeah, like I said, you're full of shit.  You cherry pick the verses which favor peace, but the Quran can be read in other ways that are just as legitimate as yours.  The only reason you think your ways are the right ones is because you're too blind to see.

If you didn't read what I wrote, and didn't even care to see the context of the verse told to you, it is not my problem. If you don't see an intellectual problem with the video you posted, you have a big problem that I can't help you with.

(July 8, 2018 at 4:50 am)robvalue Wrote: If you support the notion that the Quran is "the word of God", you can't also expect people to accept your personal interpretation of it. It's a dangerous idea in the first place, for exactly this kind of reason.

The fact that the book even needs apologetics shows it has failed.

It's totally ok. I'm not God, and it's not my duty to punish who defy God.
But it is my duty to seek the truth; and it is most certainly my right to believe in what I see fit.

After all, what I do here is telling the story of my personal belief, nothing more.

(July 8, 2018 at 7:04 am)SaStrike Wrote:
(July 7, 2018 at 11:44 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you ever took a close look to the Muslim society, Muslims are categorized into three factions:

1-Self haters
2-Extremists
3-True believers

When you yourself look into it, you come up with three factions. Another person looking will conclude something differently and so on. The thing is, to the person who is inventing these labels, they themself will always be the "true believer" category.

For example if I were to ask another muslim, you'd fall into the category "rejector of hadith and therefore not related to islam but more quranism" and they'd be "true believer" (just an example).

All I ask is for them to describe me for what I am.
And describe themselves for what they are.

(July 8, 2018 at 7:16 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: In 15 Islamic states they kill gays and they're not even extremists but just regular Muslims obedient to Koran.

And yet some bozo on the net is still convinced Koran is all about 'love and tolerance'. Talk about charging against the windmills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/23811826

(July 8, 2018 at 8:22 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Allah need to send an angel to Earth to give us a Tafsir from Allah. That way all disagreement about the Quran will end. Allah should explain what the Iyah of the Quran mean and a lot of problems will be solved. e.g. Sunni VS Shia.

It being confusing is intended. Look at this verse:

Quote:Surah 3, The Quran:
Sahih International

(7) It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

(July 8, 2018 at 10:01 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 7, 2018 at 11:44 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you ever took a close look to the Muslim society, Muslims are categorized into three factions:

1-Self haters
2-Extremists
3-True believers

It is not strange for one category to carry small bits of the other categories; either. So you can see a true believer who carries some self hate or some extremism, and vice versa for every category.

In this topic I want to discuss the "extremists" in specific.

Mostly, this category feels alienated and out of society, its members also feel that everybody in the world is fighting them, anger can be seen shining from their propaganda, and vengeance is one of the main goals of their struggle. Desperation also serves their struggle and is the engine behind their signature act: suicide bombing.

The problem with this category of Muslims is the direct ignoring they do in front of direct verses from the Quran they believe in:

and:

But these verses are totally ignored by the extremist mind. Souls are being killed without a soul -the children dying in suicide bombings and the civilians-, corruption takes place with the rash acts of extremists.

But all of that opposing opinion from the same religion extremists say they believe in, does not hold any of them from pressing the trigger, bombing hundreds to oblivion.

Terrorism of extremist Muslim militias, is not at all different in evil than the tactical bombing and savage nuclear threat of non-Muslim superpowers. Actually; it's a very sad thing that a Muslim justifies the crimes they make by the evil done by other regimes and systems, it only differs in scale.

But the question asked for the supporters of Jihadi movements: don't you feel shame of going against obvious, clear verses from your own religion, like the ones above?

Do children and suicide bombing casualties know in what they were killed or because of what?

Basing your morality on the writings of antiquity  makes no sense to me. And the part religious people miss, not just Islam, but all religions worldwide, is that just because you interpret a writing one way, does not prevent someone else to read that same book to come to a completely different conclusion.

You are still pulling the "True Scotsman" fallacy, just like any other religion.

Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate isn't handed down to us from above, our behaviors both good and bad are in us. It is up to humans to choose which.

There is no fallacy in what I'm doing; many modern humans are sick of the world of today, let me not mention global warming, nuclear threat, and war and hunger, modern man humans ruined this world and the modern system corrupted the earth, Brian.

That's why I look in the writings of antiquity

Messages In This Thread
Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 7, 2018 at 11:44 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by chimp3 - July 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Minimalist - July 7, 2018 at 11:53 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 7, 2018 at 3:40 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 7, 2018 at 7:49 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 7, 2018 at 8:43 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 7, 2018 at 9:58 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 8, 2018 at 5:30 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 9, 2018 at 11:45 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 7, 2018 at 12:47 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 7, 2018 at 2:20 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by chimp3 - July 7, 2018 at 4:38 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 7, 2018 at 7:52 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by chimp3 - July 7, 2018 at 7:59 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Foxaèr - July 7, 2018 at 8:31 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by chimp3 - July 7, 2018 at 8:59 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Joods - July 7, 2018 at 8:26 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 8, 2018 at 9:54 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by brewer - July 7, 2018 at 10:32 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 8, 2018 at 4:50 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by SaStrike - July 8, 2018 at 7:04 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Brian37 - July 8, 2018 at 10:01 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 8, 2018 at 12:18 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 8, 2018 at 6:26 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by chimp3 - July 8, 2018 at 7:55 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 9, 2018 at 1:29 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 15, 2018 at 10:56 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 16, 2018 at 2:28 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 16, 2018 at 5:29 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 16, 2018 at 10:25 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 17, 2018 at 11:03 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 10, 2018 at 9:09 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 10, 2018 at 11:16 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 17, 2018 at 11:57 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 17, 2018 at 5:48 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 17, 2018 at 12:56 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 17, 2018 at 2:13 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Fake Messiah - July 17, 2018 at 3:47 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 17, 2018 at 4:12 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by yragnitup - July 17, 2018 at 11:22 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by yragnitup - July 18, 2018 at 3:22 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 17, 2018 at 8:37 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 17, 2018 at 9:44 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 18, 2018 at 6:50 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 18, 2018 at 8:40 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Fake Messiah - July 18, 2018 at 7:11 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by WinterHold - July 20, 2018 at 12:37 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 18, 2018 at 7:33 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 18, 2018 at 9:55 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by robvalue - July 19, 2018 at 1:59 pm
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Angrboda - July 20, 2018 at 5:07 am
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk - by Fake Messiah - July 28, 2018 at 9:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women allowed to dive in Saudi Arabia; more talk WinterHold 2 1282 September 28, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  We need to talk about Muhammad mralstoner 28 3479 June 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  At least 70 dead by Islamic extremists. downbeatplumb 15 3765 April 5, 2015 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist