Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least 70 dead by Islamic extremists.
At least 70 dead by Islamic extremists.
Nothing else to add to this really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32169080

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: At least 70 dead by Islamic extremists.
Ugh, this makes me feel physically ill Sad How horrible Sad
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 2, 2015 at 1:53 pm)robvalue Wrote: Ugh, this makes me feel physically ill Sad How horrible Sad

All human violence makes me ill. Having said that Jews tick me off anytime you say boo to them acting as if because of that you advocate genocide. I cant even point out to Jews who agree with me, some really stupidly think you side with the other outright for merely pointing out errors in their tactics and or logic.

But I also get this from Muslims, especially those in Palestine and Gaza. 

None of them want to face the elephant in the room. Humans piss me off because they think that by telling people that religion is the cause that somehow I am calling for a ban on it. When the reality is with any problem a human might face, if you accept the core cause of the problem, you can manage it better and are going to end up with more opportunity to reduce the negative affects of it.

The reality none of the Abraham religions fans want to face is that religion is the root cause itself. When you point this out they switch to race. When you take that away from them by pointing out others with different skin tones worldwide, they try to point to culture, when you point that out they turn to the word "ethnic". The when you take that excuse away from them, they accuse you of hating religious people.

The reality isn't for me about hating religious people, but attacking the concept itself from a logical standpoint. Penn said it in his book "God No", "Don't hate the faithful, hate faith itself".

Sam Harris and Bill Maher have gotten a bad rap from mainly liberals whom they are not the enemy of. Both value secular law and human rights. But like them, I agree that ideas by themselves should never get blind value.
(April 2, 2015 at 1:53 pm)robvalue Wrote: Ugh, this makes me feel physically ill Sad How horrible Sad
It is now clear that radical Islam is no longer for any version of Islam adaptable to some degree of modernity.    Rather it is simply against modernity.
147 dead now. Sorry to swear, but what the fuck is up with religion? I do have facebook, and I do have some Christian and Muslim friends, but it is not going to stop me from saying what I have to think on what has happened and saying religion is morally fucking wrong.
(April 2, 2015 at 3:22 pm)Chuck Wrote:
It is now clear that radical Islam is no longer for any version of Islam adaptable to some degree of modernity.    Rather it is simply against modernity.

Um no, far too much of the minority in power in the east hold the majority hostage. I am sorry, but I am not going to lump people like Malala or Ayaan Hirsi Ali in with the current powers. I see lots of Muslim and X Muslim sites on the web and facebook and twitter full of people who want the change. I only agree that the majorty of powers are in control. The change has to come worldwide both in the west but they need to hear liberals voices that can put the cracks in locally where they live.

Otherwise what is the solution? A world war? Genocide? Not only would that be impractical, it would be just as inhuman as what we accuse their powers of.
(April 2, 2015 at 2:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Humans piss me off because they think that by telling people that religion is the cause that somehow I am calling for a ban on it.
I hate to use a phrase I constantly hear from the mouth of Mike Huckabee, but it would be nice if people "self-policed" their ideas before making it their goal to embed them as deeply into as many brains as possible. It's also frustrating to be called a bigot for using the terms "stupid," "ridiculous," "nutty," "WTF," etc. in describing religious doctrines and the practices they involve, but if it really is possible to be bigoted towards ideas, I'll gladly take that badge of honor.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Agreed, you should go to his FB page and quote him and throw that back in his face. He is nutty himself.
Attacking an educational establishment too, for shame. I wonder if they're objecting to the female students or if it's just education in general they hate.

As African countries go, Kenya actually isn't doing too badly. It just sucks they have that shithole next door.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Allah is scared of women, scared of books and particularly scared of girls with books.

He's so scared of all these things he won't come anywhere near the earth, and instead talks telepathically to people willing to go slaughter without question at his command.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islamic serial killer, murderer Anti.Enslave 8 133 April 23, 2024 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Anti.Enslave
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 1010 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1268 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1434 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2712 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 583 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 6024 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7851 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1333 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3042 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3