Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook!
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook!
To be honest, I'm not totally informed on the NDT situation. I have a hard time seeing him being a sexually predatory person, but then again I would've said that for Spacey as well, and it's pretty clear that Spacey is a fucking creep. That being said, I''m totally with the Me Too movement and agree that we should be calling out these people when and where we see these types of behaviors.

The thing is, I think it's worth asking the question... Where do we draw the line? Is some guy at work telling you that you're looking cute in that blue dress you're wearing sexual harassment? If that's so, I've been "sexually harassed" plenty of times by women. To be honest though, I never viewed the situations as sexual harassment, but rather these women making comments to me that they didn't realize would be insanely awkward and uncomfortable for me. Usually if a woman comments on my appearance I can shrug it off.

But one time a woman wanted to hook me up with her daughter and wanted to take pictures of me at work to send to her daughter. I had no clue what her daughter looked like or who she was or what intentions either of them would have with such photos. Was that sexual harassment? Nah, I don't think so. It was uncomfortable and it was an unwanted advance in more ways than one, but not sexual harassment.

If I ask a woman out on a date and she feels uncomfortable about it, that's not sexual harassment. That's just me getting denied, lol.

I don't know. I think it must be frustrating to be a woman in the sense that every guy that talks to you or interacts with you may have some creepy ulterior motives. It must be annoying for a woman to be hit on from the age of 12 all the way through adulthood. The few times I've had women make awkward advances on me, it honestly taught me to be more sensitive to how women must feel out in the world and, honestly, made me think of times that I was probably being creepy toward girls.

So yea, not sure what the NDT situation is, I'm gonna google it now. But I REALLY doubt he's the predator type. That being said, I'm willing to change my opinion based on evidence.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by chimp3 - March 15, 2019 at 8:01 pm
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by Anomalocaris - March 15, 2019 at 8:42 pm
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by Rev. Rye - March 16, 2019 at 1:15 am
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by Belacqua - March 16, 2019 at 1:33 am
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by EgoDeath - March 16, 2019 at 2:03 am
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! - by Grandizer - March 16, 2019 at 11:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 3518 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  Fell off my bike tonight Foxaèr 48 2683 October 22, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  I'm off on holidays again GUBU 6 955 September 4, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  My humor, I know it's off the wall Foxaèr 13 2079 May 8, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Pick the time you want me off Mystic 42 5049 February 1, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1370 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  Fartbook is really ticking me off right now. Brian37 0 601 November 16, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Very Off Topic, but is being a virgin a turnoff for the ladies? NuclearEnergy 34 3823 November 13, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Am off to Berlin in September GUBU 28 4429 August 5, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I need to blow off some steam NuclearEnergy 9 1182 June 26, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: J a c k