Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting myself out there. . .
RE: Putting myself out there. . .
(April 15, 2019 at 5:39 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Thanks so much for your support guys.  I'm a little surprised most people liked the last one most-- I really am not good at piano and you can hear a few straight-up fumbles.  In actual listens I've got so far on soundcloud, the classical one got the most listens, but even the solo part was comp-generated.  Trying to play live piano on my own was the most fun for me, but it's definitely the most embarrassing one to let people hear.

(April 15, 2019 at 5:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That is what "Georgia Benjamin" you posted had in this thread.

Actually, the song name is just Georgia (actually Georgia on my Mind).  My name is Benjamin.

This was the hardest to put out there, because Georgia is maybe the most-covered jazz song in the world, and 99% of performances you can find are so much better than mine.  My favorite is Eric Clapton's.

I tease you about Abba, but I like the way they play with dynamic thresholds, too.  There's a reason they were popular, and it transcends the popularity of that musical genre.

--edit--
I lied.  The best version is definitely Ray Charles' original.  Shivers.

Music is not set in stone. It really is not.

In my entire life, I have gone from pop to hip hop, to classical to everything in between. 

When heavy metal Rock guitarist gives you this, how do you argue? 

Messages In This Thread
Putting myself out there. . . - by bennyboy - April 15, 2019 at 11:39 am
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by Lemon Curry - April 15, 2019 at 11:44 am
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by The Grand Nudger - April 15, 2019 at 3:45 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by Peebo-Thuhlu - April 15, 2019 at 4:51 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by Brian37 - April 15, 2019 at 5:12 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by LadyForCamus - April 15, 2019 at 5:29 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by bennyboy - April 15, 2019 at 5:39 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by Brian37 - April 15, 2019 at 6:48 pm
RE: Putting myself out there. . . - by bennyboy - April 15, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I played poker with myself WinterHold 16 1889 May 14, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Serious Question About Posting Music I Made Myself Edwardo Piet 3 957 March 8, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: brewer