Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Encounter With Some Preachers
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers
(June 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here's my reasoning:

1.  The way you describe it was a pretty long exchange.  You said you were on your way to work, but you never mentioned being late to work or how you avoided being late.

2.  People on their way to somewhere important (work would qualify, I think) don't typically stop off for a lengthy chinwag with a bunch of random street preachers.

3.  You went from plural to singular:  'The first one they used...' vs 'He then went on to...'.  Did the rest of the preachers scatter or something?

4.  Every thread you've ever made here has been a request for help answering an exegesis for some Biblical passage or other.  This is just more of the same.  Have you never though of looking this stuff up somewhere else?

And leave off the name calling.  I apologized for not believing you, didn't I?

Boru

Okay, I apologize for the name calling, but with all due respect, this DID happen to me earlier this week, and your post was quite insulting. Also, it isn't like this is the first time this has happened to me. I think almost every time I've posted here I've gotten a rude, or at the very least, an insensitive response from someone, and I'm beginning to question how nice this community is.

Allow me respond to your points:
1/2) I was waiting at the train station for my train to arrive when the preachers approached me. Within a few minutes of them speaking to me, my train arrived. I told them if they'd like to board the train with me, I'd love to continue talking with them, and they obliged. So yes, we had a lengthy exchange on the train and I was not late for work. They got off the train before I did and I got the feeling that they were headed back to a nearby church or something.

3) There were two of them, and I addressed both of them at different points of the conversation. I guess it technically would have been correct to say, "One of them said... and I responded..." but I didn't think people were going to be probing through my post with a fine-toothed comb so they could interrogate me. Yes, I did say "He", they didn't say the argument in unison like a hive-mind or something.

4) Who says I didn't look elsewhere for a response?? Honestly, posting here is a last resort for me because it usually requires writing out lengthy posts and engaging in a lengthy dialogue with different members - it's honestly a very time-consuming endeavor for me, and that's why I post so infrequently. I would much prefer to simply find a video on YouTube or an article written by an atheist that outlines the answers I'm looking for. In this case, I need a critique of a random bible verse and I'm really not finding anything out there of much help. This is simply too much of a niche, specific issue for an internet search. That's why I came here.

Anyways, I came here hoping to have a discussion about the issue at hand, and I'm finding that instead I just have to waste a bunch of time arguing with people over the validity of my experience. If you have a good reason as to why Job 36:27-28 is an underwhelming verse to point to as advanced scientific revelation, I'd love to hear your response and engage with you, and I'd be extremely appreciative. On the other hand, if you think I'm yanking your balls and am fabricating my story, please post somewhere else, I'm beyond frustrated at this point, and you're really not helping...
Proud member of the Evil Atheist Conspiracy! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: EvilAtheistConspiracy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Peebo-Thuhlu - June 20, 2019 at 3:03 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Hungry Hungry Hippo - June 20, 2019 at 4:17 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by The Valkyrie - June 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by The Valkyrie - June 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by The Valkyrie - June 20, 2019 at 3:59 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Mister Agenda - June 20, 2019 at 4:21 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by chimp3 - June 20, 2019 at 9:46 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by brewer - June 20, 2019 at 10:09 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by brewer - June 20, 2019 at 10:20 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Belacqua - June 20, 2019 at 10:32 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by vulcanlogician - June 20, 2019 at 11:02 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Belacqua - June 20, 2019 at 11:36 pm
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Little lunch - June 21, 2019 at 5:23 am
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Rahn127 - June 23, 2019 at 12:35 am
RE: An Encounter With Some Preachers - by Fake Messiah - June 23, 2019 at 1:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists at the Ark Encounter Manowar 1 991 September 25, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Encounter with a Presupp amygdala 20 2868 November 10, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Crazy atheists freaking out at street preachers ksona 13 3104 May 27, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist