Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence?
Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence?
When I say leaders I mean CEOs of billionaire companies, presidents, prime ministers, etc.

Many of these "leaders" (rather criminals), do extremely evil things. Take for example pharmaceutics: many have sickened or killed people just to get more profit. Even though there are lawsuits and discontent, the CEOs of these companies know they are safe. Nobody, even the victims, will try to physically harm them for revenge. Same with politicians who steal and do harm to society. 

You may say that many of these people have bodyguards, protection, etc. Which is true. But that is not always the case. There are many opportunities to harm these people if planned enough. You would think some people would have the courage and intelligence to plan attacks on them.

It seems to me that the answer is that society feels distanced from their leaders and from corporations. When acts of corruption or evils happen people simply tend to accept it.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Why are leaders usually not threatened by violence? - by Macoleco - August 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Song Thread: Sex and Violence brewer 0 470 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 740 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  "Violent video games provide positive reinforcement to elicit violence in Life" ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2260 November 27, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6679 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Message to any religious users regarding Violence in our community. IanHulett 19 4436 February 19, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Okay, If Odd Rules Usually Reflect Prior Behavior Jenny A 8 1995 December 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: abaris
Tongue Russell Brand Interviews Baptist Church Leaders LOL! Big Blue Sky 6 1862 July 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gaming: Do You Like The Violence? Kyuuketsuki 56 17764 May 26, 2009 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet