Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store
I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store
I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the grocery store each week. I buy my food based off of whfoods.com, which shows me what vitamins and minerals I'm getting.

Almond milk
bell peppers
frozen salmon
whole wheat tortilla shells
ginger
garlic
tumeric
kale
spinach
swiss chard
sweet potatoes
cheese 
peanut butter
oatmeal
avocados
black beans
bananas 
blueberries (when they're in season)
apples
low fat greek yogurt
a bag of frozen vegetables
cocoa nibs
decaf coffee

What I usually eat with these things are

a wrap sandwich with either a whole avocado or salmon steak, a whole bell pepper (ripped apart by hand and cooked on the stove). a whole ginger root (sliced and microwaved), a couple tumeric roots (chopped and cooked on the stove), a giant pile of green leafy vegetables (cooked down until they're soft), a few garlic cloves sliced with a cheese plane (cooked on the stover), two tortilla shells 
>^^^ this is a main staple of my diet

sweet potato with cheese or a whole avocado

oatmeal cooked with a whole banana and oatmeal with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, (and blueberries when available)

black beans from the can with cheese

Just plain low fat greek yogurt (sometimes with plain cocoa powder)

microwaved chopped apples with cinnamon (as an occasional snack)

frozen vegetables cooked in the microwave in a paper towel, and covered with a mixture of greek yogurt and chopped garlic cooked on the stove. 

These are the meals I usually eat, save for the meals where I just have one of these whole foods and don't combine them. I have a lot of stuff to work with here, and I think there's some potential. I want some new suggestions of how to get more vegetabley dishes into my diet, because the huge vegetable sandwich is a bit of a pain in the ass to make, and I'd like simpler dishes that can incorporate vegetables into them.
RE: I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store
Try here.

Not trying to be an ass as I'm sure there will be come helpful people come along. But, you can search there for recipes based on the ingredients you have/want to use and you'll find more there than you will here if every active member drops in with three.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 587 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Buy parts for Czech Moped Jawa 350! tonnik 7 700 April 16, 2023 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  These are not the droids you' re looking for.... onlinebiker 10 544 August 12, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Recipe: Not Sure Where to Put This ABQ505 2 288 December 10, 2021 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: ABQ505
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2447 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Road trip playlist - looking for suggestions Jackalope 20 1277 August 11, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Tunnel Vision, looking for the real life location. Brian37 6 518 June 9, 2021 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Ostrich Egg Omelette Recipe South African Style WinterHold 20 1277 January 10, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1839 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2417 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13