Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Worhol, my long time false perception.
Andy Worhol, my long time false perception.
Anyone familiar with his work, knows about his copy and replicate style with paintings like the soup cans and with Marilyn Monroe. 

For some stupid reason, for decades I thought his work was an indictment of over consumption and exploitation. NOPE, turned out he simply painted things he liked and created and popularized a new style.

Because I was young, dumb and full of , well you know. I look back at it now, and what happened was I mistook his critics criticism of popularizing the mundane as being Andy's intent being an indictment of over commercialization. Today, I just got corrected by a friend and google about the intent of his work. 

You learn something new every day.

As an aside, to open this up to painting in general.

Why are people into Picasso or Jackson Pollock?

And does anyone else besides me like Seurat?

Messages In This Thread
Andy Worhol, my long time false perception. - by Brian37 - October 4, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 258 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  The Long Walk onlinebiker 22 1535 October 14, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You've seen it, you can't unsee it, and it'll change your perception of music forever Alex K 5 1250 April 23, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  How Long Has This Been Going On... BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1666 January 4, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Cato is dead. Long live Cato Cato 5 1046 May 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Favorite Long Song Eilonnwy 38 12072 September 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn