Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th.
Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th.
Hail Mary, A Novel:

[quote]A lone astronaut must save the earth from disaster in this incredible new science-based thriller from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Martian.

Ryland Grace is the sole survivor on a desperate, last-chance mission—and if he fails, humanity and the earth itself will perish.

Except that right now, he doesn’t know that. He can’t even remember his own name, let alone the nature of his assignment or how to complete it.

All he knows is that he’s been asleep for a very, very long time. And he’s just been awakened to find himself millions of miles from home, with nothing but two corpses for company.

His crewmates dead, his memories fuzzily returning, Ryland realizes that an impossible task now confronts him. Hurtling through space on this tiny ship, it’s up to him to puzzle out an impossible scientific mystery—and conquer an extinction-level threat to our species.
RE: Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th.
So Andy has a new book. I remember a year or two ago I was using the Stellar app on my phone to look at stars, and whenever I passed the Moon there was a drawing of a woman that looked a lot like Rosario Dawson, which was unusual. So I checked what's going on, and it turned out it was an ad for his new book that was set on a Moon, and Dawson was reading the audiobook or part of it. I guess they thought it was going to be made into a movie very soon so Dawson was perhaps trying to secure her part in the movie.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th.
At work.

Okay......

Sounds kind of interesting. Though, just how many times can you look at things through the same trope?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 971 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  May The 4th be with you. Brian37 26 1539 May 11, 2021 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Book banning Spongebob 39 2999 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Andy Worhol, my long time false perception. Brian37 11 993 October 6, 2019 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1076 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 1926 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  This May Be Worth A Look BrianSoddingBoru4 5 445 October 27, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 365 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1948 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Another new little idea for a piece, now a bit more worked out Alex K 9 2210 August 24, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Court Jester