Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit
RE: Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit
(June 22, 2020 at 12:29 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(June 22, 2020 at 10:11 am)Grandizer Wrote: I mean, fine, if you want to call WLC stupid for not agreeing with your moral stance on this matter, be my guest.

My moral stance? It's because I am more morally evolved than him so I don't see homosexuals as immoral.
So I see it in a way that I should be teaching him and not the other way around, especially  when he defends slaughter of Canaanites and their children because they were debauched and sinful and therefore deserved to be slaughtered.

You can't teach him anything, lol. It's part of his theology and it would shock his fanbase if he said contrary to what they believe. He doesn't care what you and I think on the matter.

Quote:
(June 22, 2020 at 10:11 am)Grandizer Wrote: Even if his arguments aren't reasonable, he does have a PhD in philosophy

Then he should know better. Try talking to some philosophy professors and see if they even know of him.

I haven't talked to any of them, but there are lot of them who know of him. Why does it bother you so much that he happens to be well-known and well-respected?

Quote:
(June 22, 2020 at 10:11 am)Grandizer Wrote: He's not a poor thinker, he thinks very deeply about topics to do with metaphysics and such

That's the point of this topic that he isn't any different "thinker" than Ken Ham and other Christian clowns.

You're letting your bias cloud your judgement of him if you think he should be put in the same category as Ken Ham ...

Quote:
(June 22, 2020 at 10:11 am)Grandizer Wrote: He may have said that it's not logic that brought him to the faith but he doesn't believe that his arguments aren't nevertheless logical.

But that's the thing, his arguments are not logical. Kalam cosmological argument has been debunked as illogical and all Craig does is that he insists he is right and ignores any arguments that he is wrong.

The point is that he thinks they're logical. And to be fair, it's not that simple to declare his arguments to be illogical. Sometimes atheists turn out to be misunderstanding the premises of this or that argument (like with the modal ontological argument) or hastily dismiss others. The general issue with his arguments is the lack of evidence and/or science to back some of the premises up, but as far as validity goes they tend to be logical. This is why atheists often fail when debating Christian apologists like WLC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit - by Grandizer - June 22, 2020 at 6:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Holy Trinity Duty 22 2816 December 21, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  The 'Holy' Drug Matt 8 3641 October 11, 2018 at 11:10 am
Last Post: Sal
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3557 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26053 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Holy mountains Fake Messiah 2 1053 March 12, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6511 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Jeffrey Jay Lowder VICTIMs of Christian Apologetics video GrandizerII 7 2451 October 26, 2016 at 9:18 am
Last Post: abaris
  Holy books on trial mcolafson 7 1587 September 29, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 377318 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  insult the holy spirit Longhorn 47 8886 June 10, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: comet