Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
RE: Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
(August 19, 2021 at 4:12 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(August 18, 2021 at 3:20 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Well, I have heard some scientists claiming that, and I haven't heard any claiming otherwise. Therefore, I conclude that is the scientific consensus.
How hard have you looked for those claiming otherwise? Confirmation bias is a bitch. But frankly, i didn't expect anything different from someone who also things that something is "more unlikely" because he suffers from a lack of imagination.

Took me ca. 1min with Google Scholar to find a paper that concludes that "A long-term vegetarian diet, however, seemed to be associated with a lower diversity of T-cell repertoire "

I have not heard of that. Could it be that vegetarians tend to care about hygiene more and thus have been infected with fewer types of germs in their lifetime? This should not impact one's ability to deal with novel viruses, such as COVID-19, as even a previous infection with another coronavirus that attacks humans offers no additional immunity from COVID-19, much less does infection by some other virus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak? - by FlatAssembler - August 19, 2021 at 12:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Healthy Alternative to Birthday Cake zwanzig 18 1067 August 2, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Could exposure to comedy affect your sense of humor? Der/die AtheistIn 23 2472 February 16, 2019 at 12:32 am
Last Post: fredd bear