Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment
RE: Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment
(September 18, 2022 at 3:47 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: People don't go to the movies for lessons in history. I think that implies that no, most don't care much about historical accuracy. Nothing wrong with wanting to be entertained and facts be damned.

Me, because I really dig history, find the misrepresentations very annoying often. There are times when I can overlook the inconsistencies or outright errors, but it does color my impression of what it is I'm viewing/reading/enjoying.

Depends. Like lets take Civilization games. I kinda think people expect it to represent historical depictions.

So i guess it depends more how much it blends with history vs reality depending on what entertainment or fiction one wants to adjust or make. For example when i look at James Bond i know its meant to represent English upperclass people from the 60s with the suave character of that era. But then again it is like you said a fictional character. For me i guess what i would be most bothered by is more how James Bond is portrayed. Like i didnt like Daniel Craig because he looked way too big and not slim strong enough like that of Sean Connery who i could believe would be an office worker but also unpredictable dangerous man.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment - by Woah0 - September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is modern era comfortable, but empty? Macoleco 40 2649 January 4, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2424 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1130 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 959 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 469 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 579 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1748 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Question What do you think of this new indian spiritual guru ? Megabullshit 4 825 April 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5974 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 490 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13