Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history
Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history
Anime atleast tries to be realistic (lots of bad ones too) But mainly i grew up with Naruto. Point is it tries to some degree have normal clothes, a plot. (though Americans tries to promote the garbage anime in USA and not good ones)

While Super Heroes its some dumbass in spandex tight suit with super powers trying to stop a super villain. Its just stupid, lame and godawful. If you want a legit good sci fi. Go with "war of the worlds 1953"

Also one example why anime kicks ass. John Wick movies one of main inspirations here. Not seen 4th one but those movies rules!

Moderator Notice
Guess.
RE: Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history
The fourth John Wick movie hasn't been made yet, I don't know if they even have a script. Seems like you're ranting without direction here.
RE: Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history
I've been watching star trek TNG recently - the sophistication of the dialogue, both vocabulary wise and concept wise, makes modern sci fi shows look like episodes of Teletubbies. Fucking excellent. They don't make 'em like they used to  Hmph
As the Thermians found out in Galaxy Quest - these shows are not "documentary footage".

"It's just a TV show.......Get a life"  - William Shatner
I enjoy superhero movies because I fantasize about their skills. Mainly the skill of wearing lycra or undies on the outside without coming across as uber gay or nerdy! cool.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
At least it's better than rap.
(March 30, 2020 at 12:52 am)no one Wrote: At least it's better than rap.

Why do they keep leaving the "C" off of it?
(March 29, 2020 at 8:49 am)Sanau Wrote: Anime atleast tries to be realistic (lots of bad ones too) But mainly i grew up with Naruto. Point is it tries to some degree have normal clothes, a plot. (though Americans tries to promote the garbage anime in USA and not good ones)

While Super Heroes its some dumbass in spandex tight suit with super powers trying to stop a super villain. Its just stupid, lame and godawful. If you want a legit good sci fi. Go with "war of the worlds 1953"

Also one example why anime kicks ass. John Wick movies one of main inspirations here. Not seen 4th one but those movies rules!

Moderator Notice
Guess.

I don't know about John Wick...

I mean, Keanu Reeve is charming, and the world-building is fun, what with assassin's hotels and things like that. But I mean... It's just shooting people, over and over, in a stylish way. Shoot some people, then shoot some more. 

The Mandalorian was the same. At the center is a cuddly animal, but everything else is shoot shoot shoot. 

I know it's fiction and nobody really dies. But jeez... It's aestheticized killing.
Anime: one of the worst animation forms invented.
Dying to live, living to die.
I can't remember one anime properly except flame of recca that i used to watch when i was in 6th or 7th grade

I really like some superhero movies too , they are very entertaining .

I still have not watched the avengers movies , but i will

Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1689 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 426 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 822 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 576 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 521 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Have a Stellar Star Wars Day onlinebiker 44 2203 May 5, 2019 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2074 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1081 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3373 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie