Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$21 trillion hoard hidden from taxman by global elite
RE: $21 trillion hoard hidden from taxman by global elite
(July 24, 2012 at 5:20 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Why shouldn't countries be able to compete in tax policy? One country offers a 10,000 page tax code, 30% and instability, whilst another offers 100 pages, 20% and stability, who are you going to want to bank with or start a business in? And also compete in banking policy, privacy isn't just for criminals, not everybody likes the idea of a particular government watching every move they make.

Also, when you have that much, isn't most of the money you earn from capital gains, which I believe is taxed at like 15% in the US. And isn't/wasn't the US considered something of a tax-haven for foreigners (not residents)?

Ask yourself this. I walk into your store, and takes from your selves a stash of items that your had paid for and placed in your inventory. You aks me to pay the price you list, but I tell you to fuck off because I ought to take from you the item I needs, and then go shop around for whoever will charge me the least for YOUR stuff.

And that someone happen to be Joe and not you. It's a small wonder that it is not you because Joe didn't pay for the inventory in the first place, and he is happy to charge me almost nothing because almost nothing is still more than the actual nothing he paid for things there were never his.

As a result I can always take from you a dollar's worth of your stuff and give Joe a pennie for them.

How does that sound to you?

If you want to shop around for the best tax policy, then give up the fortune you earned in my country, taking advantage of financial, demographic, political, legal and physical infrastructure made possible by my tax policy, and see if you can earn another in the country that charges no tax because it provides no service.

You shop around for the tax policy that suits you BEFORE you made any fortune to hide, NOT AFTER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: $21 trillion hoard hidden from taxman by global elite - by Anomalocaris - July 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 910 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
Thumbs Up Global Peace Index onlinebiker 37 2887 August 20, 2019 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Russians lose global competition Interaktive 12 1138 June 12, 2019 at 12:38 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Abortion and Global warming Heywood 136 28441 May 27, 2014 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Losty
  An interview with Boris Dittrich on the global situation of gay rights Something completely different 0 1490 April 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  CNBC uploads story of banks stealing 43 trillion. CNBC executive's children murdered. Ashendant 5 2747 October 28, 2012 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  London 'Global Capital of Money Laundering' 5thHorseman 2 1160 August 9, 2012 at 10:17 am
Last Post: MountOlympus
  UK public debt passes £1 trillion for the first time ever... Tiberius 11 3366 January 25, 2012 at 7:45 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Global Warming DeistPaladin 42 10065 July 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Conservative/Libertarian economics and anthropic global warming popeyespappy 11 4590 May 9, 2011 at 2:24 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious