Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK public debt passes £1 trillion for the first time ever...
UK public debt passes £1 trillion for the first time ever...
Yup, our public debt just passed £1 trillion for the first time ever. However, in December we borrowed a lower amount if money than forecast, and we are on track to meet the borrowing target for the financial year.

Looks like the coalition's plans are working. All they need to do now is cut spending on the military and other bloated departments and we'll be fine! I know...I know...but let me dream, please.
RE: UK public debt passes £1 trillion for the first time ever...
Hah! You guys are way behind...You need to learn how to spend like Americans, and if you run out of money, just print a shitload more. It doesn't seem to have caused us any problems...Angry
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I wonder if all the countries in the world will eventually be forced to write it all off as bad debt?
Quote:Yup, our public debt just passed £1 trillion for the first time ever.

See what happens when you keep getting involved in someone else's trophy wars?
Wars have cost us around £22bn, Min.

Maybe if they kept the £3.2bn yearly tax on bankers bonuses they'd do even better. After all, Tories are funded majoritively by Hedge Funds and City banks.

Plan working: Yes, but at a cost, economic growth has been forcasted down to 0.6% from previously eestimated 1.6% so not quite as good as it seems, maybe if they kept the bonus tax and used it to create jobs which would increase GDP and automatically lower debt/GDP%. Also there would be even more taxation on the created jobs, higher spending by people in those new jobs, plus lower unemployment. But then, when the fuck have Tories ever cared about unemployment?

Average Joe getting fucked in favour of Banks, again? Yes.

Austerity measures have never worked.

P.S: I agree with cutting military and stupid oversized departments, but we have a future engagement with Iran before we reduce military spending Smile. A friend of mine said her husband has already started training for it, it's common knowledge within the forces that preparation for Iranian war is happening. Wonder if they have any oil?
How do you train specifically for a war in Iran?

What is the major difference in fighting there than any other country?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

No idea tbh. But I expect you have to learn how to shoot innocent civilians, enforce 'democracy' and defend oil wells at all costs.

But i'm just guessing.
(January 24, 2012 at 9:21 am)Tiberius Wrote: Yup, our public debt just passed £1 trillion for the first time ever. However, in December we borrowed a lower amount if money than forecast, and we are on track to meet the borrowing target for the financial year.

Looks like the coalition's plans are working. All they need to do now is cut spending on the military and other bloated departments and we'll be fine! I know...I know...but let me dream, please.

Good...Just as planned.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Hey! You're not Jewish!

You can't claim even a vestige of the New World Order!
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Turkish Jew, must have an extra big nose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 264 February 26, 2024 at 11:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 259 February 26, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should public transportation be free? Fake Messiah 41 2778 July 26, 2022 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Just report the GD report to the public and settle this Equinox25 3 268 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3790 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6086 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Homosexuality should be forbidden in public Sopra 33 3401 February 28, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  GOP healthcare bill surcharge is essentially a public mandate. The Industrial Atheist 4 975 March 13, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Holy Shit! For The First Time in 120 Years Minimalist 5 988 September 28, 2016 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Daily Show Did A Public Service Minimalist 1 537 August 1, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye