Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 5:57 pm

Poll: Is it possible to be authentic in the face of survival?
This poll is closed.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
Maybe, but we do what we can with what we've got
11.11%
1 11.11%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acting authentically in the face of survival
RE: Acting authentically in the face of survival
(July 28, 2012 at 2:25 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: ((Are we actually discussing something here, or are we just rambling on in amusing psudo-psychobabble? Is there something I haven't already answered to your satisfaction? After all... I am She-Who-Knows-All-The-Cats... the Purple Light of Guidence... The real life Akinator... the Blood Witch of the Cave of Kaer Banorg! (I do resent being called a purple and green two headed monster, but at least the heart attack was spot on, ahhhh, I remember it well. Big Grin )))
Amusing pseudo-psychobabble is srs business. Srsly.
(July 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm)Annik Wrote: As Hovik said, I feel my OP is no longer relevant. CS summed up what I was forgetting quite neatly. It's now a question as to if we are truly free in the face of survival.
imho, another side of the same question.

Click the spoiler for a wall of text...

So these philosophers were all like, "That Kant apply universally!" And then these mathematicians were all like, "Oh yes it Kan!"

Messages In This Thread
Acting authentically in the face of survival - by Annik - July 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm
RE: Acting authentically in the face of survival - by Categories+Sheaves - July 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philosophical ideas and acting "as though" bennyboy 12 2152 March 31, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: henryp
  Technology is the key to survival....... trev22 15 2029 March 25, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Survival of Fittest ? Why not Survival of brotherhood and Peace ? Khansins 23 3662 March 21, 2014 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: tor