Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival of Fittest ? Why not Survival of brotherhood and Peace ?
Survival of Fittest ? Why not Survival of brotherhood and Peace ?
I have this thought in my mind that often worries and lingers on for days. We are always told to compete against our other subjects to get ahead. We all people are in a race with other people. Why do we have to race against the people to get ahead ? In doing so , we try to snatch our goals by hook or by crook. Why can't we stay in peace with others and help them out to improve themselves instead of pacing ahead ?
RE: Survival of Fittest ? Why not Survival of brotherhood and Peace ?
Ask Allah. I don't give a fuck about that. I care more about the 'How'.
Why, indeed.

[Image: 69600b2b76a5aaea2f8b8cfa21535b9dd274a14f.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Now you're being a bit unfair, no? It's a valid question.
(March 18, 2014 at 10:28 am)Khansins Wrote: I have this thought in my mind that often worries and lingers on for days. We are always told to compete against our other subjects to get ahead. We all people are in a race with other people. Why do we have to race against the people to get ahead ? In doing so , we try to snatch our goals by hook or by crook. Why can't we stay in peace with others and help them out to improve themselves instead of pacing ahead ?

I don't know why you would worry about this.

Some people do help each other out some people don't.

The question seems a bit all over the place.

You can stay in peace with people and not help them out at all.

If you look at all the countries in the world I think all of them have allies or receive charitable help from someone.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(March 18, 2014 at 10:28 am)Khansins Wrote: Why do we have to race against the people to get ahead ?

Because of finite resources.

Finite food.

Finite water.

Finite petroleum

Finite jobs.

Finite money (to some degree).

Our lives depend on these finite resources and where our lives don't literally depend on them (money), we've required that you have these things to get the things your life actually does depend on (food) and punish you for circumventing the system (when you steal so you don't starve).

Quote:Why can't we stay in peace with others and help them out to improve themselves instead of pacing ahead ?

The Tragedy of the Commons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(March 18, 2014 at 10:28 am)Khansins Wrote: I have this thought in my mind that often worries and lingers on for days. We are always told to compete against our other subjects to get ahead. We all people are in a race with other people. Why do we have to race against the people to get ahead ? In doing so , we try to snatch our goals by hook or by crook. Why can't we stay in peace with others and help them out to improve themselves instead of pacing ahead ?

Because those who are not fittest don't leave children. Once the most brotherly people will have highest chance of leaving kids brotherly will populate further.

We don't HAVE to. We CAN atay in peace with others and help them out to improve themselves instead of pacing ahead.

Many people do. Just be one of them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(March 18, 2014 at 10:44 am)Alex K Wrote: Now you're being a bit unfair, no? It's a valid question.

It is, but until we do away with religious hatred, we'll never ever have a brotherhood of peace. And the only way to ever do away with religious hatred, IMO, is to do away with all religion. Not by force, but by education and understanding.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
First of all, "survival of the fittest" means natural selection, but that's not mutually exclusive with principles of community and brotherhood. The existence of those feelings in you and many others shows that brotherhood HAS been one of the selected traits.

The problem is that if this brotherhood becomes deeply ingrained into a society, then the advantage of being competitive increases dramatically. Imagine a country full of people who never fight and never would. Then along comes Putin. A couple years later, Putin is sitting on a throne of gold and human skulls, king of the newly-founded Putania. He's has fucked about 1000 women, and his DNA thrives; and since he's a prick, his kids are likely to lean in that direction, too. And that's the point: evolution isn't about us having warm glowy feelings about each other and living well. It's about behaviors that lead to the persistence of some genetic code over other genetic code.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why them and not you? Mystic 45 6145 March 31, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Technology is the key to survival....... trev22 15 2002 March 25, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4556 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Rest in Peace meaning wwjs 8 3459 October 2, 2013 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: wwjs
  Acting authentically in the face of survival Annik 48 13236 July 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Violet
  why things are rather than not...and necessary existence Mystic 15 8325 June 21, 2012 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Angrboda