Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
If I have to post this link one more time for one more idiot christian who thinks being christian makes him morally superior to atheists I am going to...probably go and...smoke a bowl, really.

Wikipedia: Atheist association with world views and social behaviors

Quote:Sociologist Phil Zuckerman analyzed previous social science research on secularity and non-belief, and concluded that societal well-being is positively correlated with irreligion. His findings relating specifically to atheism include:

Compared to religious people, "atheists and secular people" are less nationalistic, prejudiced, antisemitic, racist, dogmatic, ethnocentric, close-minded, and authoritarian.
In the US, in states with the highest percentages of atheists, the murder rate is lower than average. In the most religious US states, the murder rate is higher than average.

Oh also, some info you might want to read up on.

Catholic criticism of atheism.
I'll quote cuz I know you'll never read it otherwise.
Quote:[...] The imputability of this offense can be significantly diminished in virtue of the intentions and the circumstances. "Believers can have more than a little to do with the rise of atheism. To the extent that they are careless about their instruction in the faith, or present its teaching falsely, or even fail in their religious, moral, or social life, they must be said to conceal rather than to reveal the true nature of God and of religion.

Which is something you should keep in mind the next time you blatantly insult and generalize everyone here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social - by Creed of Heresy - September 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4428 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2291 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3976 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2814 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2072 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What makes people irrational thinkers? SlowCalculations 228 19088 January 15, 2022 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1807 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7330 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It makes me sad Rahn127 7 1696 April 24, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19050 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X