Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We atheists now have our own social network
We atheists now have our own social network
A friend of mine launched today the new Atheist Social Network which by design reminds of Fascistbook. With the differences that on ASN nobody will be banned for being an atheist or for posting anti-religious memes, no matter how harsh towards religion they are. These things I mentioned are currently happening on Fascistbook, countless atheist pages and groups were deleted by Suckerberg, simply for being atheistic groups and pages.
We've been talking with my friend about the need of an online platform where one can be free from religion without a religious sheep like Suckerberg would dictate what we think. And finally, almost 5 months later, we do have such a platform! Big Grin The new platform is being populated incredibly fast and considering almost half of the Earth's population is atheistic, I think I won't have to wait long for good discussions to start there. Smile

Since it's an Atheist Social Network, procelityzing (sorry if misspelled) is not allowed and all religious sheep who attempt brainwashing will be kicked out.

For the moment the website design is available in 6 languages but more will come over time.

https://atheist.social/

Here's a screenshot of my newsfeed - as you can see it's quite similar to FB's design:

[Image: uqnNpmV.png]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: We atheists now have our own social network
Hey, what is next? Atheist cryptocurrency? "In God we don't trust."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Another atheist site is certainly welcome. I don't actually much care for FB's model. I joined to contact some old high school friends, and get all kinds of shit stuffed at me about things that I have not indicated any interest in, and I have to keep opting out. How is your face book knockoff with that?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Your shit-and-run advertising without permission aside, I would rather be manscaped by a short-sighted epileptic with electric pruning shears than visit (much less join) that site.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think you should move away from the facebook model. The reason why I don't use facebook is becuase a) It's designed to get you addicted to both notifications as well as adding strangers as friends.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
Hermit and unsociable twat social network.

Nobody can join. Nobody cares about your nonsense. Nobody.
Any social network that wouild have me isn' t exclusive enough for my taste....

Naughty
Now?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 31, 2021 at 12:16 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Now?

Them I' d join - but the ladies haven' t offered....

Razz
Can we have an anti social network?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3642 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 421 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1144 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4229 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 11627 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1913 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2776 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4454 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6887 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4092 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon