Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 5:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
(February 11, 2013 at 10:03 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
Quote:If I call myself a Fireman, does it make me one? What if i drive a red truck and own a fire extingusher? Am I an offical fireman then? No. I am not. Like wise if a person who calls himself Christian or commits acts in the name of God, can not support his actions biblically, then his acts whether be deemed good bad or indifferent they are not 'Christian' in orgin despire what he may believe.

How are you not getting this? You don't get to decide who is christian and who isn't! Your personal beliefs don't matter to anyone but you. Do you not understand that people can disagree with what you think, and their opinions and beliefs aren't somehow inferior just because they aren't yours? Do you not understand that your entire position here is the No True Scotsman fallacy? Do you not understand that you aren't the adjudicator of other people's beliefs? Or maybe you don't, maybe that's the problem. Maybe you're so unbelievably arrogant that you actually think your opinion matters more than anything else, at all times.

I've shown you where these people can justify their actions biblically, and you dismiss it out of hand based on nothing more than your own opinions, despite what's literally written down in your holy book. Being that you're not the king of religion, I feel like you lack a certain credibility there.

Quote:No matter where we live all 'christians' answer to the same bible. It is this bible that we can use to inspect the spiritual 'Fruit' of another.

Everyone except you, apparently, given how much you twist the bible to suit your purposes.

Quote:Not only that you have used this one incodent to condemn a whole community

Do I condemn the hundred or so people who stood by as an innocent woman burned to death? Yeah, I do. Shouldn't you?

Quote:The Old Testament reflects the Expressed will of god without the benfit or the filter of attonement. Once attonement had been established 'righteousness' through the law was made impossiable.
Again, OT Jews Had to follow the Law to find Righteousness, Christians are found Righteous Apart from the law. That is what makes them two completely seperate religions.

So, god had to be an evil, spiteful monster, in order to become a good guy later? And you're perfectly okay with believing that? Seriously?

Quote:Neither do yours. that what the bible is for. Again if their deeds can not be found in the bible as a governing light Christians exhibit, then their deeds were not Christian in nature.

And let me guess, you're the one who gets to decide what actions are christian or not? You're just ignoring the parts of the bible that don't suit your purposes, and the problem with that is, the bible can be twisted to justify almost anything. Only those two quotes I gave you? Pretty explicit, can't be shifted to mean something else.

Neither can Malachi 3:6, by the way. Maybe look it up. Wink

Quote:Here you go again with that bigotted thinking. You have painted the whole "96%" of that country in a negitive light just so you can attack Christianity.

Not at all. I merely mention it to show you that statistically speaking these people were more likely to be christian than not. But you need to stop calling me a bigot, you jacked up simpleton. Because I'm not condemning the entire community, nor the race. I condemn the people who committed the crime, as I should. But I'm also not going to give the religion that probably inspired it a pass, either. Religion isn't special or immune to criticism. When it does wrong, when people do evil in its name, I'm going to have harsh words for it, too. Unlike you, who simply labels those people not christian anymore based on the amazing cosmic power to alter people's beliefs that you don't have, and move on.

Quote: I have no idea where the people of Papua New Guinea get their beliefs. If they get them from the Nt of the bible then their deeds subsequently their actions can be labled as Christian in orgin. If not then they have created their own religion based off of Biblical Christianity..
The two are not the same thing.

Seriously, is your whole argument No True Scotsman? Weak.

I never judged anyone as being a Christian or not. (Which is the Red Herring 99% of your whole arguement is based on.)

I quite specifically said if their actions do not coinside with Christian "Law" then their deeds can not be considered Christian. whether they are saved or not is of no concern to me in this arguement. That is why I very specifically did not judge the state of their salvation.

Why isn't this a "No true scots man fallacy?" BECAUSE THERE ARE ESTABLISHED RULES TO BE AN ACTUAL CHRISTIAN! The No True Scotsmen Fallacy hinges on modification of the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Pointing to the Christian Rule book, and then pointing to the fact that these people did not have any CHRISTIAN RULES to support their actions, Makes what they did by Defination, A non Christian Act!!

Which BTW is what makes you a Bigot (By literal defination)
big·ot
noun \ˈbi-gət\
Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

In your continual persuit of trying to frame their deeds as santified Christian act (even after shooting every single objection you had with a scriptural backing, AND providing you with a scriptural example of how the Apstole Peter dealt with a 'sorcerer.') You still insist By the way of your sheer desire that these men were following Christian rule. So you can persecute Christianity, and up hold your own morality as being superior. What you fail to realize (but appearently your peers on this web site do not) Is you had to sell your 'morality' to do it. You have become the same intolerant bigot that you claim witch burning "Christians" are. You sir are The king of the hypocrits.Kneel Suckers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea - by Drich - February 11, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adulterous woman Fake Messiah 77 6393 June 25, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5625 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2876 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6305 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  An Effective Prayer for a Man or Woman RebeccaClyde 6 2860 October 16, 2013 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I think I found the dumbest person alive Nightfoot92 16 5736 August 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child. Ziploc Surprise 43 21152 July 3, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Was Jesus the Bastard Son of a Menstruate and Promiscuous Woman from 100 BCE? michaelsherlock 13 7593 April 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  The meaning of "woman" in Galations 4:4 Barre 7 3326 December 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Transgender Woman says DMV Clerk Warned of Hell lilyannerose 14 4445 December 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye