Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
(February 13, 2013 at 2:02 am)Drich Wrote:
(February 13, 2013 at 1:29 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Wow... really? It was asked several times through this thread, which means maybe the answer is more important than the flippant response you just gave me... but, whatevs.

So your god is ok with people burning other people alive as long as Jews are doing the burning?
Not just Jews, Old Testament Jews. And yes.

Why? The the act (any act) it self has no intrinsic 'moral' value in God's economy. What makes an act righteous or evil is not the act itself but how that act correlates to God's expressed will. In other words God's expressed will is what makes something sinful, not how we "feel" about something.

For OT Jews they were to burn witches. For New Testament Christians they are to follow Peter's example in acts 8:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...on=NIV;KJV

This is why I can identify the actions of burning anyone as a non Christian act.

(February 13, 2013 at 1:56 am)Aegrus Wrote: If the Jews weren't in a conspiracy to overthrow Europe, why did the Nazis attempt to exterminate them?

Simply put; people can be wrong. The fact that someone was punished does not necessarily mean they were guilty of a crime.
So your saying despite what a give person maybe able to do, people can perceive them as something and still act on that perception even if they are not really guilty of what they have been accused of?

So really if you think about it does not really matter if someone is really a witch or not does it?

I'm sorry, is it news to you that people can be falsely accused of a crime?

How. . . the hell. . .would it not matter if an innocent person was burned?

If anyone hear's a loud thunk, that's the sound of my faith in humanity dropping out of my ass and going through the floor.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea - by Aegrus - February 13, 2013 at 3:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adulterous woman Fake Messiah 77 6390 June 25, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5623 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2875 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6304 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  An Effective Prayer for a Man or Woman RebeccaClyde 6 2860 October 16, 2013 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I think I found the dumbest person alive Nightfoot92 16 5735 August 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child. Ziploc Surprise 43 21152 July 3, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Was Jesus the Bastard Son of a Menstruate and Promiscuous Woman from 100 BCE? michaelsherlock 13 7593 April 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  The meaning of "woman" in Galations 4:4 Barre 7 3324 December 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Transgender Woman says DMV Clerk Warned of Hell lilyannerose 14 4444 December 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye