Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 10:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
at what point did inorganic matter become organic life forms and what caused it?
RE: at what point did inorganic matter become organic life forms and what caused it?
(July 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote:
(July 19, 2013 at 7:40 pm)pocaracas Wrote: What is an "organic life form" in the context of this question?
Is a self replicating carbon based molecule an "organic life form"?
Or is it just when you have DNA... or simply RNA?

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/201...ecule.html

im not too sure to be honest i have no idea. wow, that was easy.

yeah.. easy... stupid also.
You pose a question using expressions you seemingly don't understand. Back to school with you!

On the rest of the discussion, you seem trapped in the "atheists believe there is no god" definition, but every now and again you write "atheists do not believe there is a god"... in case you're not aware, there's a world of difference between the two positions.
The first is a person who claims there is no god, similarly to those who claim there is a god. Both then have the burden of proving their positions... not an easy task, or we wouldn't be here, on this forum.
Then you have my (and most people on here) position. I do not believe there is a god and live my life under the working assumption that there is no god whatsoever. It has worked well for me, so I see no reason to change that approach.
I have no proof that there is no god, but I also have no proof that there is.
The same could be said of other similar entities:
- I have no proof that there is no Pegasus, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Unicorn, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Zeus, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Tooth Fairy, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Santa Claus, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Merlin, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Ra, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Sauron, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Darth Vader, but I also have no proof that there is.
- I have no proof that there is no Force, but I also have no proof that there is.
I could go on and on with examples.
They all have equivalent reason for me to accept them as real. As such, I assume none of them are.
Ultimately, if pressed real hard, yes, I'd have to say "I don't know" about any of them.
But what are the odds that they do exist, given our current understanding of each of them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: at what point did inorganic matter become organic life forms and what caused it? - by pocaracas - July 20, 2013 at 6:33 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitional Forms/Fossils QuackeryDetection 15 1948 November 12, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2427 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2395 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The return of the the complex organic molecules! ScienceAf 0 501 September 15, 2016 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  GMO vs Organic scoobysnack 66 9439 March 23, 2016 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Alex K
  And no, Creatards..."Adam and Eve" Did Not Ride Them! Minimalist 30 4427 May 12, 2015 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Regina
  Flying in the face of the organic debate Justtristo 1 1557 April 24, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information Brain tumor caused pedophilia Simon Moon 5 3051 January 10, 2013 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  How did the chemicals for life come together??.. dave4shmups 44 11056 December 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm
  Did humans and dinosaurs ever coexist? theophilus 40 27774 September 1, 2010 at 11:43 am